Star Member
Apr 13, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well,

I am probably doing the worst thing I could do to myself. Looking over everything again AFTER I have sent the application away. My question is whether my proof of relationship will be sufficient. Me and my spouse lived together for a year while I was in her country... all I have to show for this is an amazing amount of visa run stamps to stay there for a year, a copy of the company in which I used to run my business while I stayed there, and a picture of the business I ran. We have no pictures from this year long stay together.. since we just never thought of it... I assumed I'd just live in Thailand for the rest of my life ;D... But, she got pregnant, so I had come back to Canada to become financially stable. We now have a son together, which I included pictures of when me and him met, and me with her entire family and friends. We signed the marriage papers(included in app) but could not afford a proper ceremony, so we will have it a year from our marriage date - to be all symbolic I suppose :D. I have included our sons birth certificate which has mine and her names on it as his parents. email correspondence, which is more her emailing me all the time and me calling her the same night. but, that may be a hang up, since I only have phone records dating back to Nov 09, and only have 3 months worth... Since I started using calling cards, so no paper trail there.. This relationship is more then genuine, and I'm sure people who have less of a history have succeeded in bringing their spouses. But, I've been looking at what some people say, and they have 50 pages of phone bills and everything(how can they afford to sponsor somebody after that???) We speak every night for atleast an hour... but have nothing to show for it... Should I be worried... more than usual that is... If and when I am approved as a sponsor, I have been told I will be able to get her in on a TRV while waiting for the decision on her APP in Singapore... should we just start loading up on the photos during that period?? So if there is an interview we have additional proof?

bobshynoswife

Nov 16, 2009
St Albert, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2010
File Transfer...
22-06-2010
Interview........
24-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
24-08-2010
LANDED..........
09-09-2010
I don't know who told you she'd be able to get a TRV - it's actually less likely that she will get one now that you are married.

Don't bother second guessing yourself, what's done is done. My thoughts (and I am not very experienced, so take it with a grain of salt) that with the evidence you have submitted she will likely be called for an interview. Hopefully you can go visit her a time or two before that happens. Take LOTS of photographs. The IOs seem to love pictures. Try calling her from your landline or cell so as you have a log of calls. Text messages can be downloaded and printed out. Start sending her an email every few days. Send each other postcards/letters. Have all of this proof at the interview.

Good luck!

B

boyee6576

I would collect anything from the time you sent your application because it certainly is not going to hurt. IF they call her for an interview to verify if your relationship is genuine (if that is their concern), then you got some things to help back up your case.

Good luck

wilder1047

Star Member
Apr 13, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So my proof of relationship is pretty shotty eh. I'm surprised people have so many photos... does the relationship start with the intent of sponsorship or something?? Or do people take these many photos of their regular lives... ODD!!

B

boyee6576

I dont believe anyone is saying your proof is shotty. The process is not as easy as you might think and very few breeze through it. Immigration officers look at most NOT ALLmarriages, with a very critical eye even if you are having a baby or already have kids. I have not seen many people here who where sponsoring their spouse get a TRV for the sponsored spouse to come if they are not from a visa exempt country. They still have to prove ties to their home country and if you are married and going through the immigration process its not very likely they will allow it.

Being married to someone who is LIVING in another country is not a normal life. Normal life is going to the market together, being able to celebrate birthdays, and holidays and sleep in the same bed, a kiss goodnight and a hug goodmorning and watching Fifa world cup together .. Go Argentina!!! :D. Most people take alot of pictures when you are with your spouse especialy if you dont get to see each other much and you dont know how long before you see them again, you want to capture every moment possible (MY OPINION ONLY) :) Then yes pictures ARE a part of your life and nothing odd after all. Besides, if you married someone from a foreign country was not immigration thought about at some point? No one marries someone to live in separate countries. then I guess I am one of the "ODD" ones and very happy to be so :)

bobshynoswife

Nov 16, 2009
St Albert, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2010
File Transfer...
22-06-2010
Interview........
24-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
24-08-2010
LANDED..........
09-09-2010
I didn't say your proof was shotty...just likely not enough to get you through without an interview.

I don't think it's odd that people like me have so many photos together. Different strokes for different folks. In my case our relationship started online and I visited him 8 times for only a week or so each time. I'm from Alberta, and he lived in London, England, so there were a lot of photo opportunities. Plus, having all of these photos of us together helped me through our months apart.

If we were living together, I'm sure we would have less photos, but then again, I find it really odd to have lived together for a year and not have any photos together!

To add...I was born in 1978 and by 1996 my dad had taken over 5000 pictures of us growing up. This was before digital cameras! When he passed away in 2008 we found a hard drive with 40,000 photos on it, taken by him. I guess I got the photography bug from him!

Once we decided to get married and started seriously looking into the sponsorship process, I realized how glad I was that I took so many photos, that I'm sentimental and kept postcards and letters and ticket stubs and boarding passes, and that I am a bit anal with organization and finances and had all of my phone bills!

wilder1047

Star Member
Apr 13, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I suppose I did come off a little brash there, I apologize. We married just in April, and from that visit we have quite a few pictures... hahaha to add to the suspicion in my eyes... Anyways, when we were living together for that year I never really had a reason to think I would come back to Canada. If financially possible I'd move back to Thailand tommorow... anyways, thanks for the answers.

Good Luck To You All!!!

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
wilder1047 said:
So my proof of relationship is pretty shotty eh. I'm surprised people have so many photos... does the relationship start with the intent of sponsorship or something?? Or do people take these many photos of their regular lives... ODD!!
hehe :) sounded funny. well for example me and my hubby love taking photos. especially me ;) so we had a lot of us both. so its ODD when people dont have photos from whole year? thats how the mind works :) anyways good luck. im worried about my proof too.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
wilder1047 said:
I'm surprised people have so many photos... does the relationship start with the intent of sponsorship or something?? Or do people take these many photos of their regular lives... ODD!!
I also don't have many photos. I don't like to have my picture taken, and neither I nor my husband had a camera at first. Now with cell phone cameras and Facebok, it's different - many young people seem to take a lot of picutures.
Also when I first started going out with my husband, it never even occurred to me that we might get married; even if I had thought of it, I didn't know anything about the immigration process.

You can get more evidence now, and can show it at your wife's interview. Try to visit before the interview. Be as informed about and involved in the life of your child as possible.

Phone calls lasting an hour every night - that would be very good evidence. If you use Skype, you can get a log of your calls.