App. Filed.......
05-01-2015
AOR Received.
20-01-2015
File Transfer...
26-03-2015
Med's Done....
03-01-2015
Hey guys! I got an email requesting additional proof of relationship, which I knew was coming as I sent very little with our application. My question is can I do up a file and send it through email or do they need you to actually mail everything? They didn't specify in the email.

Roxie-B

Jun 23, 2014
Broliee said:
Hey guys! I got an email requesting additional proof of relationship, which I knew was coming as I sent very little with our application. My question is can I do up a file and send it through email or do they need you to actually mail everything? They didn't specify in the email.
It is best you mail the evidence/proof in.

CrazyCatLady

Star Member
May 17, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2014
AOR Received.
03-12-2014 (SA received)
Med's Done....
17-08-2014
LANDED..........
28-11-2015
Roxie-B said:
It is best you mail the evidence/proof in.
I have the same question Broliee! They said I could email it all in, why would mailing it be better Roxie? I thought email would be quicker.

brucem

Apr 21, 2014
Edinburgh
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Doc's Request.
23-01-2015
AOR Received.
22-08-2014
File Transfer...
22-08-2014
Med's Done....
26-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
08-05-2015
LANDED..........
08-07-2015
You can email but each single attachment cannot be larger than 5MB. Personally I would email and send originals by mail just as a back up!

Roxie-B

Jun 23, 2014
Please view the attachment below, This a a good example as to why I believe it is best to send in physical proof. I also think it is best you communicate with ur visa office.

So what I would do if it were my application. I would send in the documents via courier/ mail (i prefer courier) and then send in and email inquiry letting them know that you have sent in the proof of relationship and what it consist of.

Brucem Has a good point as well.

Cheers
Roxie

spouse sponsorship in Canada - trouble with sending documents with email
« on: June 19, 2015, 04:25:28 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote
Hello,
i need some advice and help with a situation.

i have applied for sponsorship of spouse in Canada. i filed all the application myself as it was pretty straightforward. we did all the medical and completed all the steps.
However few months ago her passport expired, i was emailed from CIC to get a new passport and to pay for right of residence fee . so i applied for new passport and sent over the copy of passport as requested well within the 30 day limit. i also sent over the right of residence fee.
i did this via email as requested , and i received an automatic confirmation email each time.
i even called the customercare center to make sure, they basically told me that if anything , the CIC would contact me immediately.

Now today i received a rejection letter for my spouse application due to the reason they have not received her renewed passport within that 30 day time frame.
im pretty stressed over this and not sure what to do.

Please if anyone has any answers or can help ?

thanks in advance.

CrazyCatLady

Star Member
May 17, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2014
AOR Received.
03-12-2014 (SA received)
Med's Done....
17-08-2014
LANDED..........
28-11-2015
brucem said:
You can email but each single attachment cannot be larger than 5MB. Personally I would email and send originals by mail just as a back up!

Roxie-B said:
Please view the attachment below, This a a good example as to why I believe it is best to send in physical proof. I also think it is best you communicate with ur visa office.

So what I would do if it were my application. I would send in the documents via courier/ mail (i prefer courier) and then send in and email inquiry letting them know that you have sent in the proof of relationship and what it consist of.

Brucem Has a good point as well.

Cheers
Roxie

spouse sponsorship in Canada - trouble with sending documents with email
« on: June 19, 2015, 04:25:28 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote
Hello,
i need some advice and help with a situation.

i have applied for sponsorship of spouse in Canada. i filed all the application myself as it was pretty straightforward. we did all the medical and completed all the steps.
However few months ago her passport expired, i was emailed from CIC to get a new passport and to pay for right of residence fee . so i applied for new passport and sent over the copy of passport as requested well within the 30 day limit. i also sent over the right of residence fee.
i did this via email as requested , and i received an automatic confirmation email each time.
i even called the customercare center to make sure, they basically told me that if anything , the CIC would contact me immediately.

Now today i received a rejection letter for my spouse application due to the reason they have not received her renewed passport within that 30 day time frame.
im pretty stressed over this and not sure what to do.

Please if anyone has any answers or can help ?

thanks in advance.
Ah, I see your good points. Thank you both! Is there a special/specific way it should be done if I send our stuff in physically?

Roxie-B

Jun 23, 2014
CrazyCatLady said:
Ah, I see your good points. Thank you both! Is there a special/specific way it should be done if I send our stuff in physically?
When sending in documents to the Visa Office I would suggest a cover Page which itemizes what you have. make sure ur UCI no., appl. No., aand the principal applicant's DOB is on the cover and documents.

i would also suggest courier as u can track your document to see when it has arrived.

CrazyCatLady

Star Member
May 17, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2014
AOR Received.
03-12-2014 (SA received)
Med's Done....
17-08-2014
LANDED..........
28-11-2015
Roxie-B said:
When sending in documents to the Visa Office I would suggest a cover Page which itemizes what you have. make sure ur UCI no., appl. No., aand the principal applicant's DOB is on the cover and documents.

i would also suggest courier as u can track your document to see when it has arrived.

Ok, thank you so much!! Oooh good idea, I will stalk the crap out of it :)

Broliee

Star Member
Apr 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-01-2015
AOR Received.
20-01-2015
File Transfer...
26-03-2015
Med's Done....
03-01-2015
For pictures, did you all print them off or is there another way of doing it? Like putting them on a CD or flash drive? Is that acceptable to them or they need actual pictures?

deweysmith

Mar 20, 2015
Montreal, QC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2015
AOR Received.
23-04-2015
File Transfer...
15-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
22-08-2015
LANDED..........
29-08-2012
Broliee said:
For pictures, did you all print them off or is there another way of doing it? Like putting them on a CD or flash drive? Is that acceptable to them or they need actual pictures?
The application guide states "photos must be loose." It also specifies not to send videos or digital media.

Go to Costco and get a bunch printed out, or arrange them on a sheet and print them yourself, but they must be on paper.

Roxie-B

Jun 23, 2014
Broliee said:
Hi,

No They have to be printed. CIC will nt take any electronic items. what i did was put about 4 or 5 pics on each page, number them and then write about each pic on the back.

Roxie

Broliee

Star Member
Apr 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-01-2015
AOR Received.
20-01-2015
File Transfer...
26-03-2015
Med's Done....
03-01-2015
Alright, thank you. The only reason I was asking is because I'm about 2 and a half hours from anywhere that I would be able to print pictures but I guess it has to be done.

kettle

Mar 19, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga (London)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
15.05.2015 in hand 29.05.2015
LANDED..........
Broliee said:
Alright, thank you. The only reason I was asking is because I'm about 2 and a half hours from anywhere that I would be able to print pictures but I guess it has to be done.
I attached mine to a word file, and printed the word document with photos. Basically an essay with photos in it at appropriate intervals.

They accepted it as is, with black and white copies of the photos. I wouldn't necessarily suggest black and white if you have a colour printer?

Broliee

Star Member
Apr 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-01-2015
AOR Received.
20-01-2015