+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Relationship - Was anybody asked to provide this?

Micbm

Star Member
Jul 14, 2015
Hi All,

Recently I received this request for additional document:

> Proof of Relationship: Document proving your relationship with your inviter/family member include photos, text messages, emails, etc. This must be received at this office by: 2015/09/28
> Client Information: Provide an answer to the following:
Where, when, and how did you meet your common-law partner? This must be received at this office by: 2015/09/28

Is there template that you had used before? I have photos, etc. I just don't know how much I should show to them.

Thanks,

jemdill

Oct 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They will ask you this Info if they suspect your relationship with your partner or family.. Thy might be thinking its fake to get PR only..

I did have to submit our Photos of all my ceremonies., parties, Marriage certificate, weddings photos, Reference letter from our common friends to get Workpermit extended with my Partner's Work permit..

You can write a letter stating how you guys met and how u got married etc.. Then tell them as a proof u are submitting following blah blah..

Also it will be good if you can submit joint bank accounts and any properties you both have in common..

We cannot blame them.. There are alot of people is getting married and provide fake evidence just to get PR...

Express123

Star Member
Sep 20, 2015
I am in similar situation, wondering if to include common law in my application as my partner is already canadian citizen.

I can show proof of relationship but would it be easier applying as single?