Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
07-Nov-2014
Interview........
15-Dec-2015
Hi all

Quick one.

The spouse-sponsor questionnaire asks about how we met, how our relationship developed, marriage engagement and honeymoon info, and how we stayed in contact......but then the checklist IMM3901e asks to include proof of relationship.

How are these any different? We haven't had a 5 year long-distance relationship for example. We met (in questionnaire), realised how we felt for one another and how it got serious while emailing/skyping/texting (in questionnaire), we stayed long distance for a year (as explained in questionnaire), got engaged on a trip (in questionnaire), I moved to Canada on a temp work permit (in questionnaire), we got married here after 1 year (in questionnaire), and now applying for PR.

All the ticket stubs, communication excerpts, travel receipt emails, photos of momentous occasions, photos of care packages, screenshots of when I first spoke to her kid on Skype......are all already referenced in the questionnaire.

So tell me if somebody doesn't mind, how would we explain any of this any differently in the separate proof of relationship? Everything is already in there - the bulk of which would come under the 'explain how the relationship developed' question. Unless, when it comes to the proof of relationship part I can simply say in there 'refer to IMM5490E - spouse-partner questionnaire including the additional pages referenced'?

Would that be sufficient? Otherwise, I can honestly say we would just be rephrasing everything.

UNLESS I can simply put in the questionnaire over and over 'refer to supporting documentation in package - relationship proof' for every question and then just do EVERYTHING in that file. So I would have three sections as apparently is the norm from what I see here - sponsor file, spouse immigrant file, supporting documentation/proof of relationship..? That'd probably be the easiest.

brucem

Apr 21, 2014
Edinburgh
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Doc's Request.
23-01-2015
AOR Received.
22-08-2014
File Transfer...
22-08-2014
Med's Done....
26-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
08-05-2015
LANDED..........
08-07-2015
Hi David,

If I remember correctly I think we did an outline of our relationship in the spouse sponsor questionnaire (just what you've said) and then explained the physical evidence (emails tickets etc) was included in the envelope for the checklist. We didn't replicate everything as we presumed the officer would work it out! We haven't had my part processed but we weren't asked for any additional info and we passed the SA stage. We also did a brief description of each bit of the evidence and highlighted key points. For example we included bank statements for our joint account with both pay going so I highlighted those payments. I just clipped the description on top of the evidence along with my details just in case they misplaced anything.

Bruce

David2736

Star Member
Apr 22, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
n/a
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..