+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Relationship to Sponsor

greenpea99

Apr 13, 2020
Hi,
I am currently preparing an application package to apply for Inland Spousal Sponsorship. My spouse recently moved here on a Visitor Visa with me after we got married. It has only been a month since she moved here. I am having difficulties to gather documentations to show that my spouse and I are living together. As of now, we only have her Health Insurance policy and Join account bank paper. Will these be enough? What are the other ways of showing proof of living together?

Thank you !

Last edited:

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
March 27, 2017, July 10, 2017
AOR Received.
AOR 1:March 17 2017 AOR 2: May 10, 2017
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
Bills - cell phones, work insurance, beneficiary is her for rrsp , life insurance etc

Reactions: greenpea99

greenpea99

Apr 13, 2020
Bills - cell phones, work insurance, beneficiary is her for rrsp , life insurance etc
Hi, Thank you very much for your reply. Will it matter when I do it ? I mean the date I add her to my beneficiary for my RRSP or cell phone bills. Will it matter if it was done only just before sending out the applications ?

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Cellphone bill, Water/Power Bill, If you are renting your house then you can add your spouse to the lease etc.... these prove that you live together and can also give a glimpse of how long you have been living together. If you have been living together for a month, then that is what they will see. However it is proof of relationship to sponsor, so you can add more proof to show you are together/ have been together for this long; could be it chats, phone/video calls, letters from friends/family, etc

greenpea99

Apr 13, 2020
Cellphone bill, Water/Power Bill, If you are renting your house then you can add your spouse to the lease etc.... these prove that you live together and can also give a glimpse of how long you have been living together. If you have been living together for a month, then that is what they will see. However it is proof of relationship to sponsor, so you can add more proof to show you are together/ have been together for this long; could be it chats, phone/video calls, letters from friends/family, etc
things like Cellphone bill doesnt have to be joint though, right ? Can it be just her name with current address ?

DirtyMelodies

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
things like Cellphone bill doesnt have to be joint though, right ? Can it be just her name with current address ?
Correct. As long as you provide enough documentation showing that you both reside at the same address, it doesn't have to be joint. I would advise you to provide enough, because it might slow you down before your final interview (i.e. they could request more proof).

Reactions: greenpea99