+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Relationship to Sponsor

khives

Jan 15, 2019
what count as "Important documents for you and your spouse showing that you are recognized as each other's spouse."
What are other examples besides employment or insurance benefits?
Anyone have an idea?
Thanks

saddlepatch

Star Member
Oct 1, 2012
Sun City Center, Florida
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
19-11-2018
Doc's Request.
02-26-2019
AOR Received.
21-01-2019
Med's Request
05-02-2019
Med's Done....
08-02-2019
Passport Req..
22-03-2019
Photos of your relationship, any shared bank accounts, any accounts that are shared like phone, cable, or other utilities, a rental agreement with both your names on it, screenshots of your social media accounts showing a clear relationship (posts about each-other, etc), screenshots of chat logs/Skype calls, car in both your names, etc.

Not sure how employment would show how you're tied to your spouse at all unless you both work from home and you have a joint business, then you can show your tax returns, expenses etc.

khives

Jan 15, 2019
Photos of your relationship, any shared bank accounts, any accounts that are shared like phone, cable, or other utilities, a rental agreement with both your names on it, screenshots of your social media accounts showing a clear relationship (posts about each-other, etc), screenshots of chat logs/Skype calls, car in both your names, etc.

Not sure how employment would show how you're tied to your spouse at all unless you both work from home and you have a joint business, then you can show your tax returns, expenses etc.
Thankyou, but this is not exactly what i meant... there is a separate tick box for that sort of stuff... the examples they give for "important documents" is "employment or insurance benefits"... just looking for other examples of these...

saddlepatch

Star Member
Oct 1, 2012
Sun City Center, Florida
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
19-11-2018
Doc's Request.
02-26-2019
AOR Received.
21-01-2019
Med's Request
05-02-2019
Med's Done....
08-02-2019
Passport Req..
22-03-2019
Thankyou, but this is not exactly what i meant... there is a separate tick box for that sort of stuff... the examples they give for "important documents" is "employment or insurance benefits"... just looking for other examples of these...
You said "Examples besides..." which I thought meant you were looking for other examples other than those listed.

Pretty much like I said: If your spouse is say on your insurance from work, you can include that. Employment in general (Like having a job) doesn't show your tie to your spouse? Unless you mean proof of income to support your spouse? The only thing you can show via Employment would be their name as the beneficiary on say life insurance, medical, dental, vision, etc. You could provide copies of those forms showing them listed as someone insured on those benefits which is what they're asking for.

If you don't have them on your benefits, you would be best to provide other proof, such as outside insurance they may be tied too, or bills, shared accounts, and a letter explaining why they're not on your employee based plans (too much money, has their own insurance thought their work place, we have an outside policy not tied to my jobs etc etc).

For example, I do not have any insurance through work. I live in the US as well and it's too costly was what I put. They have their own dental and vision benefits via their workplace and I am listed on their life insurance.

Hopefully that helps you answer your question a bit more. :)

khives

Jan 15, 2019
thanks, yes that does help. We are both seasonal workers and don't have insurance policies or extended medical (self employed). So i think i'm going to abandon that sort of proof in lieu of others. i'm working on financial support, but as we've only been together for 8 months and have been married for 5 of them, it is a short timeline to work with... i have a few bills and joint bank account statements... i hope this is enough.
Many thanks