+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of relationship - Timeline good?

elsypelle

Feb 27, 2013
Hi Guys,

Just a general question in regards to the paperwork to prove my relationship (I am an aussie girl with a canadian boyfriend).

We have a joint bank account, statements of our relationship from 3 different employers, a notarised document from my boyfriends mom, rental agreements with our names, documents from our lawyer showing our purchase agreement (we are trying to buy a house right now).
Anyway I am putting together a timeline in a word document. It is about 60pages long so far and includes emails, msgs, pictures and the dates of everything. Is this a good idea? Hopefully I have enough proof!!
Just curious what other people have done

herewecome

Dec 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-12
AOR Received.
17-01-13
File Transfer...
17-01-13
Med's Done....
07-12-12
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2013
We have been common law for about 7 years and I had an index of events throughout that time. Each section was different - photos, travel, financial, letters, gifts, etc. we made sure we spaced it all out well over that time. I think we had about 2-3kg for evidence of relationship but that's only because we have been on holidays a lot and have kept a lot of stuff.

I think a timeline is a good idea. It shows you have been together x amount of time.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
elsypelle said:
Hi Guys,

Just a general question in regards to the paperwork to prove my relationship (I am an aussie girl with a canadian boyfriend).

We have a joint bank account, statements of our relationship from 3 different employers, a notarised document from my boyfriends mom, rental agreements with our names, documents from our lawyer showing our purchase agreement (we are trying to buy a house right now).
Anyway I am putting together a timeline in a word document. It is about 60pages long so far and includes emails, msgs, pictures and the dates of everything. Is this a good idea? Hopefully I have enough proof!!
Just curious what other people have done
I also did a timeline, but separated the timeline (which showed where me and my partner were, as we travelled a lot, most of the time together but sometimes not) and the proofs of relationship.

60 pages seems like a lot :) it seems like more than enough proofs - especially if you already have rental agreements, purchase agreements, letters, pictures etc. Don't go overboard :) it's not necessary to show every email or messages, you can choose a sample and take screenshots of your inbox for example that shows that you communicate often...

Good luck,
Sweden