+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of relationship! stuck!

canadasnk

Mar 11, 2017
For our sponsorship application (inbound) it says we must provide proof of relationship in the form of

1. Under IMM5533 Document Checklist (7th) question : If you are currently living together please provide the documentation from below 3 options

a. Joint ownership or rental agreements
b. Proof of joint utilties bill.
c. Important documents where it shows both sponsor and the applicant are living in the same address.

We are currently staying at my parents home and therefore do not have a rental agreement. We also don't have any utility bills together since it is not our home. Are there any alternatives for this? Can we submit a letter from my parents stating that we are living there?

Thanks!

jeff198901

Champion Member
May 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
I am in the same situation and I mailed my app last week. I got a notarized letter from my parents stating we are living with them

vpjp

Mar 29, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 15, 2017
Doc's Request.
March 30, 2017
AOR Received.
March 29, 2017
File Transfer...
April 6, 2017
Do you have any documents showing your address such as identification cards or paystubs from work? If you and your spouse get any sort of official mail showing your name + address it should work. Otherwise you may need to find a way to get those kind of documents, such as taking over some of your parents' bills.

jeff198901

Champion Member
May 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
I sent an letter explaining why I can't provide these things along with a notarized letter. However, i did include a joint bank account

Sneakydriver

Star Member
Dec 9, 2016
canadasnk said:
For our sponsorship application (inbound) it says we must provide proof of relationship in the form of

1. Under IMM5533 Document Checklist (7th) question : If you are currently living together please provide the documentation from below 3 options

a. Joint ownership or rental agreements
b. Proof of joint utilties bill.
c. Important documents where it shows both sponsor and the applicant are living in the same address.

We are currently staying at my parents home and therefore do not have a rental agreement. We also don't have any utility bills together since it is not our home. Are there any alternatives for this? Can we submit a letter from my parents stating that we are living there?

Thanks!
Maybe you can get your cellphones as a joint account.

ConfusedandInLove

Sep 14, 2016
Also have a question regarding point c:

Does it count if we have separate documents stating our individual names and the address we live at (we have proof of a. and working on b.) for example, if my spouse (sponsor) has his health card (Government issued ID?) with our address and I have a letter from private health insurance with our address?

We also have tons of deliveries made to either of us at this address from retailers across Canada - but always to either my spouse or myself - can we add to supplement proof?

FairyRaichu

Star Member
Mar 9, 2017
For myself, I sent pictures of mail with my name on it for the address I am living at with him (we are living with his parents). We had also made a joint bank account and sent them that as well. That's all I did. They didn't ask me for anything else (unless they decide to contact me and ask for further proof). I didn't have to provide rental agreements or utilities bills or anything of the sort.

ConfusedandInLove

Sep 14, 2016
FairyRaichu said:
For myself, I sent pictures of mail with my name on it for the address I am living at with him (we are living with his parents). We had also made a joint bank account and sent them that as well. That's all I did. They didn't ask me for anything else (unless they decide to contact me and ask for further proof). I didn't have to provide rental agreements or utilities bills or anything of the sort.
Thank you, that gives me a bit of peace of mind! Have you received AOR yet?

FairyRaichu

Star Member
Mar 9, 2017
ConfusedandInLove said:
Thank you, that gives me a bit of peace of mind! Have you received AOR yet?
No I don't think so. I keep checking my account to see what stage they're at, but it still only says they're working on my permanent residence as of January of this year. However I contacted cic by email and the lady told me that they have received my application and the medical and that they are working on the medical. The thing that Is getting me is the fbi background check. Sent my fingerprints to the FBI about 9 weeks ago, still haven't heard back from them, and that's the last thing I need for my perm residence app (also already paid the overpriced right of permanent residence fee).