+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Relationship pls help

n1ckeda

Star Member
Feb 6, 2020
We have been leasing our current unit for over 2 years.
Notarized lease in both our names.

Utility accounts are in the Landlord's name, and she never let us change into our names. I have access to online billing history that dates back over 1 year of our billing.
The contract of lease clearly state we're responsible for the electric and water. Can I include all our electric/water bill history even though its in the landlord name?

Is there a correct way or format to include this?

THANKS!!!

Mitch55555

Nov 14, 2018
Ecuador
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
07-01-2019
AOR Received.
27-02-2019
File Transfer...
03-10-2019
Med's Request
27-03-2019/2-08-2020
Med's Done....
29-03-2010/11-08-2020
Interview........
Waived

Utility accounts are in the Landlord's name, and she never let us change into our names. I have access to online billing history that dates back over 1 year of our billing.
The contract of lease clearly state we're responsible for the electric and water. Can I include all our electric/water bill history even though its in the landlord name?

THANKS!!!
I'm not certain but if it's not in your names then there is no benefit to send it in as proof of living together.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

THANKS!!!
The electric/water bill history is only helpful if it includes both of your names. Since this bill lists your landlord's name, this won't be of any help as evidence that you are common law. Only the lease can be used as evidence.

n1ckeda

Star Member
Feb 6, 2020
Okay, how about for Proof of relationship PART C

Could we include the bills as "Documentary evidence of financial support and or shared expense" ?

The lease states all utility bills to be paid by the tenants and I have all these bills that we've paid.

ALSO the rent payment was always In cash, I have all the acknowledgment receipts

are these okay?

Qwertypod

Jan 28, 2019
Again, as others have mentioned, as long as you're names aren't on the bills themselves, it's useless to include them as any kind of evidence.

What other proofs do you have?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Could we include the bills as "Documentary evidence of financial support and or shared expense" ?

The lease states all utility bills to be paid by the tenants and I have all these bills that we've paid.
I know others have said that these bills may not be accepted because not in both your names.

I think they are useful to include: you are both on the lease, the lease indicates you are responsible for utilities, and you say you have copies of bills that you have paid (i.e. they show your name somewhere such as transfer from your bank account?).

You can include a short note with these bills and receipts explaining and referring to the lease that these represent your shared utility bills.

I'm not saying this is sufficient evidence but it does support your case - include of course other bills and financial support.

n1ckeda

Star Member
Feb 6, 2020
Again, as others have mentioned, as long as you're names aren't on the bills themselves, it's useless to include them as any kind of evidence.

What other proofs do you have?
Im just a bit concerned.
For part A)
- we have 2 notarized lease that date back more than 2 years (we've been living together for 6)
- a joint bank account (scanned copy of our joint account details form and passbook that show both our names)
- For ID's that show our address PA's Tax identification ID card and her Police Clearance is our current address, I only have one ID (my police clearance) with corresponding address

For Part C)
- Important documents, PA has manulife insurance policy and I'm added as beneficiary
- Documentary evidence of financial support: She has been a home maker, I was the only one with income and paid everything through cash... So its just the Rent (acknowledgment receipts and Electric bills in landlord's name)
- 8 letters from our friends and family.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Im just a bit concerned.
For part A)
- we have 2 notarized lease that date back more than 2 years (we've been living together for 6)
- a joint bank account (scanned copy of our joint account details form and passbook that show both our names)
- For ID's that show our address PA's Tax identification ID card and her Police Clearance is our current address, I only have one ID (my police clearance) with corresponding address

For Part C)
- Important documents, PA has manulife insurance policy and I'm added as beneficiary
- Documentary evidence of financial support: She has been a home maker, I was the only one with income and paid everything through cash... So its just the Rent (acknowledgment receipts and Electric bills in landlord's name)
- 8 letters from our friends and family.
As I stated in your other thread, you need actual statements if you want to use the joint account as a common-law proof. A copy of the details form and passbook does nor in any way show that you live together.