+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of relationship, Chat and email logs

Americanlove

Jul 16, 2012
I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for how long the proof of relationship document i send to cic should be, we have tens of thousands of pages of chat logs and emails. How much of this will they want?

Allah Madat

Mar 14, 2012
Visa Office......
islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2011
File Transfer...
July 2011
Americanlove said:
I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for how long the proof of relationship document i send to cic should be, we have tens of thousands of pages of chat logs and emails. How much of this will they want?
last 6 months should be good enough :)

Allah Madat

Mar 14, 2012
Visa Office......
islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2011
File Transfer...
July 2011
send last 3 months then...

its better that you send as much as possible so that they are convinced that the relationship is genuine :)

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
Oct 4, 2012 9:00am
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
if you have had a long relationship you might want to send a few showing the progression of your relationship.....not just the last few months....definitely go back to the beginning and pull some from each week/month.....

Allah Madat

Mar 14, 2012
Visa Office......
islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2011
File Transfer...
July 2011
KJG said:
if you have had a long relationship you might want to send a few showing the progression of your relationship.....not just the last few months....definitely go back to the beginning and pull some from each week/month.....
You're right :)

BC_guy

Star Member
Aug 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
Add. Docs July 2012
File Transfer...
Jan 2012
Med's Request
Remed via email Dec 2012
Med's Done....
Remed Dec 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 2013
LANDED..........
Mar 2013

Considering there could be hundreds of pages... has anybody printed their emails double sided ?

BCgirl2012

May 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2012
AOR Received.
03-07-2012
File Transfer...
04-07-2012
Med's Done....
16-12-2011
Passport Req..
18-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
BC_guy said:

Considering there could be hundreds of pages... has anybody printed their emails double sided ?
Yup. And multiple columns for chat logs, to reduce the white space.

Shylox

May 22, 2012
Vancouver, BC/Pittsburgh, PA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 13th 2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
October 22nd 2012
Med's Done....
June 7th 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Never got one
VISA ISSUED...
February 21st, 2013
LANDED..........
February 28th, 2013
I have a similar situation, we've been together for 7 years and have so many emails and chat logs it's not even funny. I've just been going through and pulling a few from each week or month for the entire period of our relationship up until the most recent. This seems way better to me than only showing the last 6 months.

I also have been putting chat logs into columns because it uses less pages and looks better.

Just to confirm though, it is okay for me to copy and paste this stuff into a word document and print from there right? I don't have to print the original emails/logs? I'm asking because some of our emails have so many replies that they are up to 100 pages for one single email so it easier for me to copy and paste it in chunks rather than print the entire 100 pages. I don't see why this would be a problem but I just wanted to make sure.

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
Oct 4, 2012 9:00am
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
Shylox said:
I have a similar situation, we've been together for 7 years and have so many emails and chat logs it's not even funny. I've just been going through and pulling a few from each week or month for the entire period of our relationship up until the most recent. This seems way better to me than only showing the last 6 months.

I also have been putting chat logs into columns because it uses less pages and looks better.

Just to confirm though, it is okay for me to copy and paste this stuff into a word document and print from there right? I don't have to print the original emails/logs? I'm asking because some of our emails have so many replies that they are up to 100 pages for one single email so it easier for me to copy and paste it in chunks rather than print the entire 100 pages. I don't see why this would be a problem but I just wanted to make sure.
yes...you can definitely copy and paste......and for you are right.....start with emails at the beginning of your relationship all the way up to filing the app......

Sunshine87

Apr 13, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 3, 2012
AOR Received.
July 5, 2012
File Transfer...
July 6, 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 10, 2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Oct 25, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 30, 2012
LANDED..........
Dec 30, 2012
Definitely go back to the beginning of your relationship and pick key emails and chat logs to include as evidence.

I had to sift through 2 years of Skype logs (and during the first year we talked EVERY day) and picked the ones that showed the progression of our relationship, then highlighted the total amount of time at the end of our Skype sessions. I think from 500 Skype calls, I ended up with 175 logs as evidence. I also stated that I picked logs and emails that showed the progression of the relationship and I could provide more if needed.

veradis

Star Member
Jul 16, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-11
AOR Received.
08-11-11
File Transfer...
20-11-11
Interview........
23-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-02-2012
LANDED..........
18-08-12
If you're a big facebook user this might be good for you. I put in a lot of screenshots of my facebook profile to show me talking publicly about my relationship, my family and friends knowing about it and being supportive. Also when you change status to engaged and married you usually get everyone congratulating you. That is very honest, public (and date and time-stamped) proof of both your relationship and everyone in your life knowing about it.

CKnD

Jun 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 16 2012
AOR Received.
July 25 2012
File Transfer...
July 25 2012
Med's Request
2nd Med July 24, 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 28 2011 / July 29, 2013
For my proof of relationship regarding communication I rarely use the telephone as calling Iraq is impossible at times. So I use skype (video and voice ) and have been using it since before I was married. My lawyer told me to print off everything I had ( chat logs ) which show duration and dates from the time I started to the time Im about to submit my application. They want to see frequency ( how often you contact one another ). I had some phone calls in which i use one of those long distance cards you buy from a general store but my lawyer told me those calls would be no good as they don't display the destination number your calling too, only the number in which you call from (something to remember )

Shylox

May 22, 2012
Vancouver, BC/Pittsburgh, PA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 13th 2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
October 22nd 2012
Med's Done....
June 7th 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Never got one
VISA ISSUED...
February 21st, 2013
LANDED..........
February 28th, 2013
veradis said:
If you're a big facebook user this might be good for you. I put in a lot of screenshots of my facebook profile to show me talking publicly about my relationship, my family and friends knowing about it and being supportive. Also when you change status to engaged and married you usually get everyone congratulating you. That is very honest, public (and date and time-stamped) proof of both your relationship and everyone in your life knowing about it.
We did the same thing with our Facebook pages, and plan to do it with our Twitter accounts too. I'm worried though because neither of us want to change our Facebook to say that we're married and I'm hoping that they won't question that because it was a choice we made that has nothing to do with hiding the fact that were married or whatever, it's just something we feel is our business and didn't want to make it completely public. So, hopefully that isn't a problem.

We do have them showing that we're in a relationship with each other though and got lots of positive comments from friends and family so that's good.