+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of relationship asked for in 3 different places

andersonglk

Dec 22, 2010
Hi all!

In organizing our application, we've run into something we don't quite understand.

We are applying for common-law sponsorship.

Following the Appendix A document checklist:

Spouse/Partner Questionnaire number 20 asks for evidence of your common-law relationship.

Under identity and civil status documents, it says if you are in a common-law relationship, provide proof of that relationship.

And number 12 says provide proof of relationship to sponsor.

It seems that all three of these are asking for the same thing? Proof of a common-law relationship. We have all of the evidence of our relationship documented, labeled, and organized, but just where exactly do we put it all? Can we simply write "refer to proof of common-law relationship folder" for all three questions?

Help please! Thanks.

Sharjil

Star Member
Feb 18, 2011
Mississauga,Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29th September ,2010
Doc's Request.
7th Febuary ,2012
File Transfer...
10th November,2010
Med's Request
9th April , 2012 - 17th April, 2013
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
18th April , 2013
VISA ISSUED...
1st june, 2013
LANDED..........
23rd june, 2013
WHAT IS E-CASE?

AlieW

Star Member
Aug 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Tel Aviv. Israel
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-01-2011
Doc's Request.
09-03-2011
AOR Received.
14-02-2011
File Transfer...
08-02-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-05-2011
LANDED..........
July 2011
We photo copyied the major things (such as the lease agreements, the identity documents with the same address, the utilitiy bills, joint bank account, my PR visa for Israel, and pension with the applicant as the benificiary). We included one group in with the sponsors application where it asks for the proof of the common-law relationship (and gives examples of acceptable docs). The other group, which were the originals, were included with the applicants sections under the regional specific form where there is the huge checklist. Then for all the 'connection' stuff - like emails, phone bills, photos, cards, letters, travel tickets, copies of our entry and exit stamps for all the travelling we've done together, statutory declarations and so on we only included it once also under the region specific form. And wrote in the other two places to refer there.

We don't have our visa yet so i don't know if this was the way to go but or package was already huge without copying everything 3 times. And almost all of our stuff had to be translated and certified as it isn't in english which added an extra burden. Since we could only add the official translations once we wrote to refer to that section anyway when looking at the photo copies.

So in short the things that prove the common-law relationship were included twice and the stuff that proved our relationship once with very specific instructions on where to find the information.

I'm sure others will have more suggestions on how to go about this.

BaukjeBecka

Star Member
Jun 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-08-2010
Passport Req..
26-01-2011
andersonglk said:
Hi all!

In organizing our application, we've run into something we don't quite understand.

We are applying for common-law sponsorship.

Following the Appendix A document checklist:

Spouse/Partner Questionnaire number 20 asks for evidence of your common-law relationship.
That could be shared bank account, rental agreements, proof of living together 12 months, etc

Under identity and civil status documents, it says if you are in a common-law relationship, provide proof of that relationship.
This could be your marriage certificate or something.

And number 12 says provide proof of relationship to sponsor.
And then this would be more pictures, letters, the real love-part so to say.
It seems that all three of these are asking for the same thing? Proof of a common-law relationship. We have all of the evidence of our relationship documented, labeled, and organized, but just where exactly do we put it all? Can we simply write "refer to proof of common-law relationship folder" for all three questions?

Help please! Thanks.

You are right, to me it also felt kind of double, but the more information/proof of your relationship you include, the better :)

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
andersonglk said:

Help please! Thanks.
Refer to the documents as attachments, you do not need to copy the documents three times.

Sharjil

Star Member
Feb 18, 2011
Mississauga,Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29th September ,2010
Doc's Request.
7th Febuary ,2012
File Transfer...
10th November,2010
Med's Request
9th April , 2012 - 17th April, 2013
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
18th April , 2013
VISA ISSUED...
1st june, 2013
LANDED..........
23rd june, 2013
ITS E-CAS I see people are checking there process by this E-CAS .So I need to know how E CAS works I received letter from CPC MISSISSAUGA that your file is moved to Islamabad Immigration Sector in 10th of November after this i did not hear anything.

waitingintz

Jul 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2010
Doc's Request.
01-11-2010
AOR Received.
28-09-2010
File Transfer...
24-08-2010
Med's Done....
22-06-2010
Interview........
waived!!
Passport Req..
16-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
22/02/2011
LANDED..........
19-5-2011 (hopefully!)
I also did not include more than one copy. I divided my application package as follows:

Sponsor documents (the forms and the stuff specifically requested like passport copies)
Applicant documents (forms, passport copies)
Proof of relationship (which I divided into three sections: Statements (from family/friends), Proof of Cohabitation (lease agreement, mail to same address, signed common-law declaration, etc), Proof of relationsip (photos, travel evidence, etc)

I included a detailed table of contents at the beginning so that they could see how it was all grouped and find what they were looking for.

Sharjil: you access ECAS from the main immigration website.. the menu is on the right of the page and says check your status (or something like that). If you want information you should do a search on the forum (like search 'ECAS' and find where people have already posted the information... putting your question on a completely unrelated thread will not get you very many responses.