+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of re-establishment question

canthai

Star Member
Jul 30, 2008
Just a concern/question for my situation...

I am a citizen living abroad and I am planning to sponsor my spouse for her PRV.

I am on title with my parent’s home in Canada, which I have purchased 50% under joint tenancy last year from them. Should I include a copy of the contract my father and I signed since I pay him monthly installments on the home?

Also, he has halted these payments until my spouse and I start living in Canada. Would CIC question this? I mean I am trying to prove re-establishment back home with partial ownership of accommodation that holds no mortgage or lease?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think you only need to give them the deed where your name is on but if you want to include the copy of the contract as well, maybe that will help convince them. Still, deed and/or contract, they might question it just because it's your parents you own the house with.

canthai

Star Member
Jul 30, 2008
Leon said:
I think you only need to give them the deed where your name is on but if you want to include the copy of the contract as well, maybe that will help convince them. Still, deed and/or contract, they might question it just because it's your parents you own the house with.
Thanks for the reply Leon.

Do you think that may be a conflict of interest for proof of accommodation even though I purchased the home before I even met my fiance?

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
That's right - you don't have to own property in order to qualify to sponsor a spouse . . . you simply have to prove intent to return to Canada and settle here when your spouse receives PR status. Having a home that you own a share of is good proof of your ties to Canada, and proof that you can provide accomodations for your new wife also.

You might also consider asking your father to submit a declaration stating that he has already suspended your obligation to make payments on the mortgage - as evidence of his willingness to support you while you are abroad with your wife, and showing that he would be equally willing to continue that support once you return to Canada . . . until you are working and settled again.