+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of PR/Citizenship of sibling vs Family Member Proof of Status

greenboymx

Star Member
Feb 10, 2018
Hope someone can help me out here.

I'm uploading all my documents, and I'm confused since I can't exactly tell the documents they are expecting me to upload to prove that my sister is a Canadian Citizen.

There are in total 4 documents that they are asking me:

Proof of residency in Canada of sibling (I've got a bank statement, so no big confusion about this one)
Proof of sibling relationship (I've got my birth certificate and the birth certificate of my sister, so I think that covers this field)

The problem comes with these two, they seem pretty much the same to me:

Proof of PR/Citizenship of sibling
Family Member Proof of Status

I've got:
- My sister's passport
- Her driver's license
- Her certificate of Canadian Citizenship

The description provided in the page is exactly the same for the 4 documents, so that really doesn't help me at all to tell the difference between them.

Any idea what's the difference between those two fields and what should I upload in each one of them?

eedwards92

Star Member
Jun 11, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico City
AOR Received.
22-05-2018
Med's Request
05-06-2018

I'm uploading all my documents, and I'm confused since I can't exactly tell the documents they are expecting me to upload to prove that my sister is a Canadian Citizen.

Proof of residency in Canada of sibling (I've got a bank statement, so no big confusion about this one)
Proof of sibling relationship (I've got my birth certificate and the birth certificate of my sister, so I think that covers this field)

I've got:
- My sister's passport
- Her driver's license

The description provided in the page is exactly the same for the 4 documents, so that really doesn't help me at all to tell the difference between them.

Any idea what's the difference between those two fields and what should I upload in each one of them?

Use same. I used same documents also

Reactions: greenboymx

hjseto

Sep 11, 2018

I've got:
- My sister's passport
- Her driver's license

Hi greenboymx, just wondering was a bank statement enough for Proof of residency in Canada of sibling. Did you submit anything else for this section? Also did you get a statement from the bank or just download one from your internet banking account? Thanks

ayeetee

Jun 11, 2020
Hi greenboymx, just wondering was a bank statement enough for Proof of residency in Canada of sibling. Did you submit anything else for this section? Also did you get a statement from the bank or just download one from your internet banking account? Thanks
I don't think you need to go as far as providing a bank statement from your sibling. Water, electricity or heating bills are enough.

greenboymx

Star Member
Feb 10, 2018
Hi there,

Going through the files I submitted, I see that I sent a pdf bank statement + her driving license. I honestly don't recall if I was asked to submit both or if I just did that because of being precautious; it worked anyway! if you have the chance to submit both things I would do so. The most important thing regarding this particular submission is to prove that your sibling indeed resides in Canada.

hjseto

Sep 11, 2018
Hi there,

Going through the files I submitted, I see that I sent a pdf bank statement + her driving license. I honestly don't recall if I was asked to submit both or if I just did that because of being precautious; it worked anyway! if you have the chance to submit both things I would do so. The most important thing regarding this particular submission is to prove that your sibling indeed resides in Canada.
Thats good to hear and Congrats. Did you submit a one month bank statement or did you include more months?

Fasih Khan

Star Member
Dec 12, 2021
For proof of PR/citizenship, only the passport of the sibling is enough? Or do I need to attach other documents too?