+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Name Change Document for Express entry

anuch2588

Star Member
Nov 15, 2017
Hi All,
I received ITA on January 10 this year and ready with almost all documents. I have my after marriage name in mostly all documents except my educational ones. And as a result system is asking me to provide "Proof of Name Change Document". My query here is that
1. If I provide my marriage certificate along with Letter of Explanation ...Will it be sufficient or

2. I need to provide notary with above mentioned docs...

To add to this point I am currently in USA and marriage certificate is issued from India. Even if I think of notary option, is it possible to make notary for Indian documents in USA

prpurohit

Mar 12, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
4th June, 2018
Med's Done....
15th june
Passport Req..
27th September
1. Marriage certificate with LOE is enough.

Reactions: anuch2588

sweethoney

Star Member
Jun 2, 2015
Hi All,
I received ITA on January 10 this year and ready with almost all documents. I have my after marriage name in mostly all documents except my educational ones. And as a result system is asking me to provide "Proof of Name Change Document". My query here is that
1. If I provide my marriage certificate along with Letter of Explanation ...Will it be sufficient or

2. I need to provide notary with above mentioned docs...

To add to this point I am currently in USA and marriage certificate is issued from India. Even if I think of notary option, is it possible to make notary for Indian documents in USA
i think you can use a backdoor you dont need to change your name which will cause your surname just add your spouse name and show marriage certificate as a proof

anuch2588

Star Member
Nov 15, 2017
i think you can use a backdoor you dont need to change your name which will cause your surname just add your spouse name and show marriage certificate as a proof
I have after marriage name on passport and every other document except degree

Apr 2, 2020
Kindly advise, if the name mentioned on the passport,marriage certificate & 10th Certificate has same name (Chitra) & name mentioned on Degree Certificate is different (Chithra) , what documents are required to submit during ITA. How can i get the name corrected to Chithra & what documents are required.