+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of medical exam for SP extension. Please help!

yumirdci

Sep 9, 2014
Hey guys. I will be soon applying for my Study Permit extension from within Canada. One of the documents they need is proof of medical examination (I undergone it less than 12 month ago, so I don't have to take new exam). But the only thing the doctor gave me in my home country is a receipt that I have paid for the exam. I also applied on paper and I don't have CIC account. So should I just attach this receipt or do they need something else? I am confused....
P.S. There is no way I can contact the doctor's office in my country since it's far away and everything was done electronically when I did my exam.

b4ahmad

Star Member
Dec 5, 2013
yumirdci said:
Hey guys. I will be soon applying for my Study Permit extension from within Canada. One of the documents they need is proof of medical examination (I undergone it less than 12 month ago, so I don't have to take new exam). But the only thing the doctor gave me in my home country is a receipt that I have paid for the exam. I also applied on paper and I don't have CIC account. So should I just attach this receipt or do they need something else? I am confused....
P.S. There is no way I can contact the doctor's office in my country since it's far away and everything was done electronically when I did my exam.
You dnt need to upload Medical certificate with Study permit extension application. I think you are selecting the wrong option in "Come to Canada" wizard. It says there in the past year, have you lived in any of the designated countries for more than 6 months, you should select "NO". Although you are from designated country, but you have been living in Canada for the past year, so it doesnt apply to you.
Good luck

yumirdci

Sep 9, 2014
b4ahmad said:
You dnt need to upload Medical certificate with Study permit extension application. I think you are selecting the wrong option in "Come to Canada" wizard. It says there in the past year, have you lived in any of the designated countries for more than 6 months, you should select "NO". Although you are from designated country, but you have been living in Canada for the past year, so it doesnt apply to you.
Good luck
No there is no question " in the past year, have you lived in any of the designated countries for more than 6 months" in the wizard. There is a specific wizard for Extending Stay and it asks me have you performed medical examination within the last 12 month.

Reactions: Manpreet_kaur1100

Daid

Jun 4, 2015
yumirdci said:
Does anyone know this??
Hi,
I am applying for a study permit extension also. And, I do not have any proof of medical exam , though I had my medical exam done less than 12 months ago. I am thinking of attaching a letter with all the details of when and where I had my exam. They can then review the records.

fredderico

May 29, 2017
I'm on the same situation, although I don't even have the receipt (But I applied online). How did it went with you guys?? Anyone has any news about this?

Cynthia93

Jul 18, 2016
Canada
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Accra VFS
App. Filed.......
16/09/2016
Doc's Request.
Submitted
IELTS Request
Waived
Med's Request
13/01/2017
Med's Done....
18/01/2017
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
Already Submitted
VISA ISSUED...
26/01/2017
LANDED..........
22/04/2017
When you did your medical, they are suppose to give you a printout which have your UCI. That is what CIC is requesting for

SamanthaE

Jul 6, 2018
hello, it's May 2019 and I'm in the exact same same situation - i am in canada currently but need to apply for extension and i do not know what to do with the proof of medical exam. Any answers?

Avtar_15

Star Member
Jul 29, 2018
India
Category........
You don't have to go through medical for study permit extension. As I just checked now, you have to select no in Have you gone through medical examination in last year and also select No in Have you stayed in Designated country for more than six months in last year.
Use these answers, you will get your new documents checklist.