Proof of means of financial support

topwira

Jan 1, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,

In the proof of means instructions, it meantions the following as below. My question is financial institution meaning BANK? Secondly is bank statement last 6 months more than enough?

If you are applying for permanent residence in Canada, you must provide an official letter issued by your financial institution indicating your financial profile. This must:

list of all your bank (chequing and savings) and investment accounts, the account numbers, dates each account was opened and the balance of each account over the past six months,
list all outstanding debts, such as credit cards and loans,
be printed on the letterhead of the financial institution, and include your name and the contact information of the financial institution (address, telephone number and e-mail address).

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
topwira said:
Hi everyone,

In the proof of means instructions, it meantions the following as below. My question is financial institution meaning BANK? Secondly is bank statement last 6 months more than enough?

If you are applying for permanent residence in Canada, you must provide an official letter issued by your financial institution indicating your financial profile. This must:

list of all your bank (chequing and savings) and investment accounts, the account numbers, dates each account was opened and the balance of each account over the past six months,
list all outstanding debts, such as credit cards and loans,
be printed on the letterhead of the financial institution, and include your name and the contact information of the financial institution (address, telephone number and e-mail address).
Yes financial institute means bank too. If you can get a letter from bank with all the above details, that letter alone will suffice. In case you do not get avg balance of 6 months in the letter, then you will need to upload the 6 months bank statements.

I hope this helps.