+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Means of Financial Support Query

ss0592

Star Member
Dec 22, 2017
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but I was a bit confused! I currently live in the US. I have 1 main bank account (BOFA) and a small Citi account (barely any money in it, mainly kept for credit card).
I also have an account in India (HDFC) but am not even sure what's happening with it...parents handling.

So for Proof of Means of Financial Support, do I need to get a letter from all these 3 banks? Or just my main one which has funds and is also my primary account? (Bank of America)
Or do I get BOFA and Citi to be safe? Or all three? If all three, how long will the process take in India?

Thanks a lot!

broutilde

Star Member
Dec 17, 2017
If your have the amount required by CIC on your main account in the US, you don't have to mention your other accounts.

sidganesh

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
10-03-2018
AOR Received.
10-03-2018
Passport Req..
30-04-2018
VISA ISSUED...
14-05-2018
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but I was a bit confused! I currently live in the US. I have 1 main bank account (BOFA) and a small Citi account (barely any money in it, mainly kept for credit card).
I also have an account in India (HDFC) but am not even sure what's happening with it...parents handling.

So for Proof of Means of Financial Support, do I need to get a letter from all these 3 banks? Or just my main one which has funds and is also my primary account? (Bank of America)
Or do I get BOFA and Citi to be safe? Or all three? If all three, how long will the process take in India?

Thanks a lot!
I know people who have shown only their main accounts in US or Canada and didn't disclose their home country accounts. They didn't have any issues. Don't think you should either.

However, I note that the CIC website clearly asks for details of all accounts including loans. So strictly speaking, one would have to submit a rather comprehensive set of documents but I doubt if that is practical for many.