+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Means of Financial Support for visitor visa? Cashiers check?

aiw

Jun 12, 2015
I recently got accepted for Canadian PR, and was hoping to move to Canada soon. In the meantime, I was applying for a visa for my mom to visit Canada. In the required document there is a required document called 'Proof of Means of Financial Support'. The two option available are bank statement or bank draft. I am already provided my document in 'Proof of Financial Resource of Supporter".

The thing is that my mom was a house wife and she doesn't hold an active bank account. So, in this case, what other document can I show as proof. Is a cashiers check ok? I mean I can take a cashiers check for the required amount and then show that in her name? Is there any other way that I can provide this proof?

Please let me know what are the options. At present I am in the US.

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
aiw said:
I recently got accepted for Canadian PR, and was hoping to move to Canada soon. In the meantime, I was applying for a visa for my mom to visit Canada. In the required document there is a required document called 'Proof of Means of Financial Support'. The two option available are bank statement or bank draft. I am already provided my document in 'Proof of Financial Resource of Supporter".

The thing is that my mom was a house wife and she doesn't hold an active bank account. So, in this case, what other document can I show as proof. Is a cashiers check ok? I mean I can take a cashiers check for the required amount and then show that in her name? Is there any other way that I can provide this proof?

Please let me know what are the options. At present I am in the US.
How does she sustain herself?

aiw

Jun 12, 2015
She stays with me. She hasn't worked ever, and you know she never had to use a bank account.

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
aiw said:
She stays with me. She hasn't worked ever, and you know she never had to use a bank account.
So she is your dependant.... and how do you plan to keep sustaining her after you move?

aiw

Jun 12, 2015
Thank you for your interest.

In our country, it is more common for people to deal with cash than using banks.

At present she is visiting me in US, she is going back at the end of 5 months. This is the second time she is visiting me in the US.

In the meantime, I got my PR recently and I was thinking of moving there if I get any great opportunity there. It is be good then if she also travels with me there as she can also visit the tourist destination there.

She always had investment - immovable mainly. She also has a bank account, but never used it for many years now.

Oak

Aug 20, 2015
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-04-2014
AOR Received.
07-08-2014
Med's Request
21-06-2015
Med's Done....
26-06-2015
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
04-09-2015
aiw said:
Thank you for your interest.

In our country, it is more common for people to deal with cash than using banks.

At present she is visiting me in US, she is going back at the end of 5 months. This is the second time she is visiting me in the US.

In the meantime, I got my PR recently and I was thinking of moving there if I get any great opportunity there. It is be good then if she also travels with me there as she can also visit the tourist destination there.

She always had investment - immovable mainly. She also has a bank account, but never used it for many years now.
Hi,

1. If you have an employment right now, you can always include three recent pay stubs from your employer.

2. Include a declaration from you stating that you will provide for her entire visit in Canada. Like she will be staying with you, etc.

3. You can always print out some proof of your assets or something like that and include them in your application. If necessary, get them notarised.

I have done this before with my husband when I was staying in Canada with him for more than six months, I extended my visitor visa for about three times in total. All got extended. You just have to make clear the reason for your mum to be here, and convince the visa officer she definitely does not have to work illegally to sustain her stay.

From what you posted, you seem pretty neat with your financial status. As long as it is genuine, there is no need to be afraid.

Good luck.