January 20, 2017
File Transfer...
January 26, 2017
Med's Request
up-front
Med's Done....
October 18, 2016
Hello,

I am starting to gather the documents to apply for Canadian citizenship. I took the EILTS in 2012, send the original to CIC when applied for my PR, I only have a copy of the results, and read on the EILTS page that they only give another certificate of the results within 2 years since the test was taken, so for me doesn't apply since it has been more that 2 years.

Now my question is, I can send the photocopy of this results that I have or immigration will ask for original? (CIC has the original)
or will I need to redo the test?
and I need to redo the test whats better the EILTS or the CELPIP?

I hope someone can give me some input!

Thanks in advance!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hello,

I am starting to gather the documents to apply for Canadian citizenship. I took the EILTS in 2012, send the original to CIC when applied for my PR, I only have a copy of the results, and read on the EILTS page that they only give another certificate of the results within 2 years since the test was taken, so for me doesn't apply since it has been more that 2 years.

Now my question is, I can send the photocopy of this results that I have or immigration will ask for original? (CIC has the original)
or will I need to redo the test?
and I need to redo the test whats better the EILTS or the CELPIP?

I hope someone can give me some input!

Thanks in advance!

1. If you re-read the instructions, you will see that a copy of an expired IELTs used for Immigration is fine for Citizenship