Proof of language for Citizenship- Transcript is must or copy of certificate

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
I am sorry if this question already answered in this forum before , I searched but not able to find the answer so asking it again

4 years back when I applied for PR i gave test for ILETS and as per CIC citizenship requirement although it is expired still it will work for me .
Question is for my spouse who did B. Tech (NOT from Canada),

so while applying for Citizenship Do i need to just submit her B. Tech certificate copy that itself will be enough as a Language proof or ONLY transcript is acceptable for proof of language?

I was looking into CIC website "http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/CIT0002ETOC.asp#CIT0002E4"

Point 2 says :
"Proof of completion of a secondary or post-secondary program conducted in French or English, either in Canada or abroad, includes:
A diploma or transcripts from a secondary or post-secondary school indicating the successful completion of a program, in French or English, either in Canada or abroad, or
A diploma or certificate from a secondary or post-secondary school indicating successful graduation from a program conducted in French or English, either in Canada or abroad."

So by reading it looks like Copy of certificate should also work and I don't need to visit her university for transcript. Is my understanding correct ?

Is any one sent copy of Graduation and it accepted ? please help me

Thanks in advance

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
Anyone Please ? who can answer or sent just certificate (xerox copy, no transcript) and it is accepted ?

Thanks

danny_princy

Star Member
Jan 19, 2017
Mark sheet of each and every semester and Degree certificate. even if degree certificate dose not mention language is English its fine.

i have completed my master in computer science from India and its work for me even my degree certificate does not mention language is English.

Jay Hind.

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
danny_princy said:
Mark sheet of each and every semester and Degree certificate. even if degree certificate dose not mention language is English its fine.

i have completed my master in computer science from India and its work for me even my degree certificate does not mention language is English.

Jay Hind.
Thanks so much , infact my wife certificate is in English :)
you deserve a +1 . here you go ;D

cprak0

May 25, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21-05-2011
It certainly helps if you also include the Canadian equivalence certification by ICAS or some such. Everybody does that for getting a job any way. You could also mention that the teaching was all in English. Again, that said, the safest option is to have a CELPIP LS score. Lot cheaper than IELTS.

sharat_joshi77

Jun 21, 2011
Brampton
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Mar-2010
Doc's Request.
May-2010
IELTS Request
May-2010
File Transfer...
May-2010
Med's Request
Nov-2011
Med's Done....
Feb-2011
Interview........
Waived off
Passport Req..
May-2011
VISA ISSUED...
June-2011
LANDED..........
Aug-2011

Jay Hind.
Hi Danny_princy
Did u applied for PR application or Citizenship ?
And you just submitted Semester marksheets and Degree copy with the application ? Correct ? Is your degree drafted only in English language or English and Hindi both ?

danny_princy

Star Member
Jan 19, 2017
I applied for citizenship. degree certificate drafted in English but not mention about language is English.

and its work for me.

Jay hind good luck.