+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of 'Landing Funds" >>>

Nayma

Star Member
Jul 11, 2011
Dhaka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi qorax, my parents are dead long back, i sold 1 property and keep the money in my savings A/C, the amount is just slightly more then the POF requirement. my question is can savings A/C serves the purpose of POF or i have to put it in a different format like FD, current A/C...etc. Please advise me in this regard as i am going to apply early September.

Nayma.

omm

Champion Member
Aug 27, 2009
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ Nayma: Savings account(s) also count for POF, dontworry!!! do not transfer fund in another account or FD. it's accepted.
I have also 3 savings (2 in USA , 1 SBI India NRI-NRE NRO) accounts with total amount is more than POF required, all accepted.

OMM

mayankpandya

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2011.
Doc's Request.
PER on 24- MAR- 2011.
AOR Received.
20-APRIL-2011
File Transfer...
In-Process on 30 May 2011
Med's Request
14 July 2011
Med's Done....
22 July 2011
Passport Req..
14 -Jul- 2011 Passport send on 26-Jul-11
VISA ISSUED...
29-AUG-11
LANDED..........
16-OCT-11
Dear Qorax,

I want to know that if one get VISA and open bank account in Scotia bank ( in India ) .

Is it ok to show bank statement of Scotia bank at arrival ? Does one can use funds showed at the time of application ( POF at the time of application ) to open account in scotia bank ?

Regards
Mayank

omm

Champion Member
Aug 27, 2009
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mayank, you can show Scotia Bank account at POE as POF. do not compare what you submitted at application time. for example if you submitted your Indian bank statement & in future you will not open account in scotia bank than you will enter with Cash , Demand Draft or using travellers cheque (becasue indian bank statement not accepted).

But you open bank account with scotia bank once you clear your medical and get statement when you plan for landing.
I am sure that its accepted no problem at all @ landing time.

OMM

Nayma

Star Member
Jul 11, 2011
Dhaka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
omm said:
@ Nayma: Savings account(s) also count for POF, dontworry!!! do not transfer fund in another account or FD. it's accepted.
I have also 3 savings (2 in USA , 1 SBI India NRI-NRE NRO) accounts with total amount is more than POF required, all accepted.

OMM
Thanks OMM, you ease off my pressure indeed.

Nayma.

CADA

Apr 2, 2011
Toronto,Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-10-2010
AOR Received.
02-02-2011
Med's Request
waiting..
LANDED..........
Currently in Toronto
Please please please Mr.Qorax I sincerely need your advice...
I know i asked this before and some members of the forum we're kind enough to give me reassuring advice but pls just for peace of mind i need to hear it from you.I am currently in canada with a work permit my job is not related to my NOC and that's why the CIO didn't give me points for arrange employment.They just gave me points for adaptability.Now my question is will my VO ask for proof of funds even if i have a permanent job here in Canada.In my GCMS i noted this.

Offer of Employment in Canada Approved by HRSDC:YES[b][/b]

Please advice.

Jo/Cada

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
CADA said:
Please please please Mr.Qorax I sincerely need your advice...
I know i asked this before and some members of the forum we're kind enough to give me reassuring advice but pls just for peace of mind i need to hear it from you.I am currently in canada with a work permit my job is not related to my NOC and that's why the CIO didn't give me points for arrange employment.They just gave me points for adaptability.Now my question is will my VO ask for proof of funds even if i have a permanent job here in Canada.In my GCMS i noted this.

Offer of Employment in Canada Approved by HRSDC:YES[b][/b]

Please advice.

Jo/Cada
U'll not be required to show your Settlement Funds.
However, while 'landing' - either by flag-polling, or CIC Office, or Exit/Entry, pls remember to 'carry' your AEO, or Employment Contract, Pay stubs etc... to prove that u have a job here.

Relax!
Qorax

CADA

Apr 2, 2011
Toronto,Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-10-2010
AOR Received.
02-02-2011
Med's Request
waiting..
LANDED..........
Currently in Toronto
qorax said:
U'll not be required to show your Settlement Funds.
However, while 'landing' - either by flag-polling, or CIC Office, or Exit/Entry, pls remember to 'carry' your AEO, or Employment Contract, Pay stubs etc... to prove that u have a job here.

Relax!
Qorax
Thank you so much Qorax,
That made my day..now i can relax and stop worrying about this stuff.
Thank you
Cada

sukhveersingh

May 15, 2010
Hi Qorax,

My application current status is "InProcess". I have submitted my complete docs in July 2010, my query here is doe i need to keep my balance in bank account intact for complete process time or i can withdraw ???.
As its been 1 year keeping balance in saving account without any interest and keeping all others plan on hold...god knows when this adventure of PR will end.... :(

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
sukhveersingh said:
Hi Qorax,

My application current status is "InProcess". I have submitted my complete docs in July 2010, my query here is doe i need to keep my balance in bank account intact for complete process time or i can withdraw ???.
As its been 1 year keeping balance in saving account without any interest and keeping all others plan on hold...god knows when this adventure of PR will end.... :(
U can perform regular transactions from that a/c... but maintain@least 60-70% of the required funds on quarterly basis. And as u near the meds - do not touch it anymore.

Qorax

brown_eyes

Star Member
Jul 19, 2011
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 09, 2014
Doc's Request.
received by Mike at CIO July 14, 2014
Nomination.....
PER November 11, 2014
AOR Received.
Addtl docs request August 20, 2015
IELTS Request
CEM received addtl docs Sept 20, 2015
Med's Request
October 19, 2015
Med's Done....
October 28, 2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
November 10, 2015
LANDED..........
hopefully on March 2016
qorax said:
U can perform regular transactions from that a/c... but maintain @ least 60-70% of the required funds on quarterly basis. And as u near the meds - do not touch it anymore.

Qorax
Qorax,

you mean to say, the 6 months prior proof of funds (bank statement) starts when you get the notice for medicals and not the date of filing at CIO? So, the time while waiting for your medical, you can still make transactions on your settlement accounts? Do I understand this correctly? Thanks.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
brown_eyes said:
Qorax,

you mean to say, the 6 months prior proof of funds (bank statement) starts when you get the notice for medicals and not the date of filing at CIO? So, the time while waiting for your medical, you can still make transactions on your settlement accounts? Do I understand this correctly? Thanks.
Yes.
But it could be 6-12 months.

Qorax

hfcanada

Dec 14, 2010
Hi Quorax,

You are doing great work at this forum . Thanks a lot for the information provided :)

i am planning to land somewhere in next month Could you please let me know if i can open a bank account with Scotia back and keep the desired funds will this bank statement be accepted at port of entry ? or do you suggest to take travellers checqe and some cash? and also please let me know how many days will it take to encash the T.C?

Thanks a lot,

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
hfcanada said:
Hi Quorax,

You are doing great work at this forum . Thanks a lot for the information provided :)

i am planning to land somewhere in next month Could you please let me know if i can open a bank account with Scotia back and keep the desired funds will this bank statement be accepted at port of entry ? or do you suggest to take travellers checqe and some cash? and also please let me know how many days will it take to encash the T.C?

Thanks a lot,
Yes, if u pre-open a Scotiabank a/c from your homeland -- their statement is enough to satisfy the BSO@A/port. TCs could be encashed on-the-spot... but they accrue dual charges usually@both ends. Bank Draft is a better/wiser/"safer" option, however u should be prepared for the wait times & have some ready 'cash'. They could take around 7-10 days [though mine always get credited with 48 hrs.].

Qorax