Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
trxcis said:
Dear Sir Qorax, Me and my wife will be bringing CAD 17K --- I have a few dilemmas:

---

I hope my questions make sense. Please ease my confusion, good sir! Thank you!!
Hi,

1. Should we bring US$15K (cuz' we have a US$ Account), and a couple of thousand CAD ---to make a total of CAD17K? We could always convert the US$ later after we land.
U can safely bring-in USD, Euro GBP & CAD, either singularly or in multiples... no issues there. However, it's very unlikely that CAD could drop vis-a-vis the USD in the near future. And converting the USD into CAD here would prove more costly than if done abroad.

2. Since the exchange rate between CAD and US$ fluctuates from time to time, is it best NOT to exchange our US$ to CAD right away and wait it out until CAD drops lower than US$? We're planning to land by Sept.
As above.

3. When the IO asks, "How much Money are you bringing in? How should we answer? If we say," We are bringing US$15K and couple of thousand CAD" , are we then be exempted from filling up the form needed if your are bringing MORE THAN CAD10K ?
What is the problem in declaring the funds [over $10K]in the 'declaration form'? BTW, u'd still require to declare it as long as the total figure [all currencies put together] is over the $10K threshold.

Qorax

trxcis

Star Member
Mar 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-10
File Transfer...
14-04-10
Med's Request
09-11-10
Med's Done....
04-02-11 (w/ rpt CXR)
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
qorax said:
Hi,

1. Should we bring US$15K (cuz' we have a US$ Account), and a couple of thousand CAD ---to make a total of CAD17K? We could always convert the US$ later after we land.
U can safely bring-in USD, Euro GBP & CAD, either singularly or in multiples... no issues there. However, it's very unlikely that CAD could drop vis-a-vis the USD in the near future. And converting the USD into CAD here would prove more costly than if done abroad.

2. Since the exchange rate between CAD and US$ fluctuates from time to time, is it best NOT to exchange our US$ to CAD right away and wait it out until CAD drops lower than US$? We're planning to land by Sept.
As above.

3. When the IO asks, "How much Money are you bringing in? How should we answer? If we say," We are bringing US$15K and couple of thousand CAD" , are we then be exempted from filling up the form needed if your are bringing MORE THAN CAD10K ?
What is the problem in declaring the funds [over $10K]in the 'declaration form'? BTW, u'd still require to declare it as long as the total figure [all currencies put together] is over the $10K threshold.

Qorax
[/quoteVery well said,sir! All points are well taken! Thank you!

dee_2011

Nov 21, 2010
london
Category........
Visa Office......
chc london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
26/07/2010
Med's Done....
27/08/2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
25/05/2011
VISA ISSUED...
07/06/2011
LANDED..........
will be on 12/08/2011
hii qorax
can u please advise me here
i will be landing in august from uk
i have hsbc accounts up n running in canada, can i just take bank statements from them and some cash with me, will it be okey

please help me

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
dee_2011 said:
hii qorax
can u please advise me here
i will be landing in august from uk
i have hsbc accounts up n running in canada, can i just take bank statements from them and some cash with me, will it be okey

please help me
Perfectly alright.

rajeevnagill

Feb 3, 2011
Chd
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2010
Doc's Request.
01-03-2010
Nomination.....
-
AOR Received.
23-06-2010
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
10-03-2010
Med's Request
19-01-2011
Med's Done....
31-01-2011
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
19-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
14-6-2011
LANDED..........
19-9-2011
dear qorax

is it mandatory to carry funds as per the CIC website? i want to carry only CAD 9500 (in all forms) for 3 persons including me. i checked the COPRs but there is not such requirement mentioned.

I have gone through threads on proof of landing funds but could not able to clear the picture.

each person in a family can carry CAD 10,000 or this limt is for a family without any disclosure.

thanks

Rajeev

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
rajeevnagill said:
dear qorax

is it mandatory to carry funds as per the CIC website? i want to carry only CAD 9500 (in all forms) for 3 persons including me. i checked the COPRs but there is not such requirement mentioned.

I have gone through threads on proof of landing funds but could not able to clear the picture.

each person in a family can carry CAD 10,000 or this limt is for a family without any disclosure.

thanks

Rajeev
1. U have to bring-in the full settlement funds.
2. Why do ppl have issues with declaration of $10K+? BTW, it's for one unit [family].

Qorax

rajeevnagill

Feb 3, 2011
Chd
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2010
Doc's Request.
01-03-2010
Nomination.....
-
AOR Received.
23-06-2010
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
10-03-2010
Med's Request
19-01-2011
Med's Done....
31-01-2011
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
19-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
14-6-2011
LANDED..........
19-9-2011
Thanks qorax

Rajeev

qorax said:
1. U have to bring-in the full settlement funds.
2. Why do ppl have issues with declaration of $10K+? BTW, it's for one unit [family].

Qorax

kelmolab

Star Member
Dec 4, 2007
hello Qorax,

Can you please advise on my case...

I arrived in Canada on a work permit in October 2009. My work permit expired in May 21, 2011 but i was able to send out a work permit extension application to Vegraville two weeks before the original WP expires. I understand that i am on an implied status then?
Last June 16, I received an email from the canadian Embassy Manila that our application for PR has been approved and Visas are ready and we were asked to submit our passports. I left Canada for the Philippines on June 23, 2011 and submitted my passport (together with my family's) from here.

My questions is:

1. Will i be required to show proof of funds since i was still employed when I left canada (I am using my earned vacation leave right now) and I can show a certificate of employment from my employer stating that i am - well, still employed?

Thank you.

CADA

Apr 2, 2011
Toronto,Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-10-2010
AOR Received.
02-02-2011
Med's Request
waiting..
LANDED..........
Currently in Toronto
Dear Qorax,

I would appreciate it if you could help me with my case..
I am currently working in Canada under a work permit.I submitted my application for PR under federal skilled worker last year and e-cas status is "received by visa office".I didn't include proof of funds in my initial application at CIO and they never ask for it.Do you think the visa office will ask for it soon I am worried because i don't have enough fund in my bank.

Thanks in advance..

Jo

CADA

Apr 2, 2011
Toronto,Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......