+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of 'Landing Funds" >>>

gagsv

Dec 3, 2014
asb30 said:
Hi buddies,

I have finally booked a KLM ticket to Calgary on 3rd July 2015 from New Delhi. Initially going alone for couple of months to settle down, then followed by my wife and 5 months old son after few months.

Anyone else travelling like me looking for a company?

I also hve a question regarding pof :

Now that I m travlling alone, do I need to carry proof of funds required for single person (around CAD 12k) or do I need to carry pof of all 3 family members (around CAD 18k) even though I m going alone?

If I need to carry single person pof, how much do I need when my wife and son are coming?

Or if i need to carry whole pof of CAD 18k while going alone, do I need to arrange for it again when my wife n son are arriving after few months?

Would really appreciate clarity on pof as it's kind of difficult to arrange it multiple times.

Regards
asb
If you are going alone first, even then, you will have to carry proof of funds for the whole family. Your wife, thus, will not have to show it at the time of landing.

fahad007

Star Member
Nov 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2014
Doc's Request.
30-04-2015
AOR Received.
11-12-2014
IELTS Request
SUBMITTED WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
11-12-2014
Med's Request
30-04-2015
Med's Done....
15-05-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-05-2015
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2015
Hi, i have a family of 3, so i need to carry around CAD 18,260 as POF which is about PKR 1.6 Million.
I am also planning to carry CAD 5,000 in cash and rest in the form of demand draft in my name.

will it be fine?

What if some one borrow some funds to show as POF. Is this possible to return those borrowed funds to the home country after successful landing?
What is the way?

sanjaysharma

May 5, 2015
Re: Proof of 'Landing Funds" >>> Passport query..

qorax said:
Proof of 'Landing' Funds:
-Do we take the Bank Statement or otherwise ?

How Much needed to Show at the Airport/POE :
No. of Pax ........... Funds Reqd-CAD
1 ....................... $11,086
2 ....................... $13,801
3 ....................... $16,967
4 ....................... $20,599
Need your view.

We got our Passport stamped with Single entry visa last month (i.e in May 2015) with validity until first week of Dec 2015 for my family.

I have query here
1) Is it require whole family to travel together? Or Main applicant can go first and then rest of the family can join before first week of Dec.
2) My son passport is valid until 5th Dec 2015. it has one Singly entry Canada visa which was stamped last month. will there be any issue in travelling or ticket booking because his passport would be valid for a period of less than 6 months.
3) Can I renew my son passport now? Would there be any issue in flying then with new passport.

Sanjay

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
Re: Proof of 'Landing Funds" >>> Passport query..

sanjaysharma said:
Need your view.

We got our Passport stamped with Single entry visa last month (i.e in May 2015) with validity until first week of Dec 2015 for my family.

I have query here
1) Is it require whole family to travel together? Or Main applicant can go first and then rest of the family can join before first week of Dec.
2) My son passport is valid until 5th Dec 2015. it has one Singly entry Canada visa which was stamped last month. will there be any issue in travelling or ticket booking because his passport would be valid for a period of less than 6 months.
3) Can I renew my son passport now? Would there be any issue in flying then with new passport.

Sanjay
1. principal applicant can land first (has to show full POF for the whole family), the rest of the family can join later but ofcourse they have to land before their visa expires.
2. There will be an issue, most airlines would not allow you to board the plane with a passport having less than 6 months validity
3. Ideally you should have renewed your son's passport before sending it to the visa office. I've read in this forum somewhere it was mentioned than you can get the new passport for your son and then carry both passports and land - but i would not recommend doing that without consulting the visa office. Email them and ask for advice - and if they will accept that. If they say yes then print the email + the two passports and proceed with your flight.

ICJ

Star Member
Feb 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2014
Nomination.....
May 13, 2014 (PER)
AOR Received.
June 03, 2014
File Transfer...
June 03, 2014, Processing from July 03, 2014
Med's Request
April 18, 2015
Med's Done....
April 23, 2015- 3rd Line Updated April 28, 2015-medicals received
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
June 03, 2015-Passports submitted June 04, 2015-4th Line Decision Made-June 05, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 12, 2015
LANDED..........
June 30, 2015-Ottawa
Hello Folks,
Please advise on the following

a) Can I open a Canadian bank account while in India?
b) Does this account become accessible right away? I have my brother in Canada who will deposit $14000 into my account.
c) Can I show my Canadian bank statement as proof of funds? (if A and B above are possible)
d) If I cannot open a Canadian account, can I show photocopy of a bank draft as proof of funds(my brother will get the bank draft made from a Canadian bank)? If showing a photocopy is risky is it possible for me to get bank draft mailed to me here in India without the risk of someone stealing the bank draft during the shipping?

Thanks in advance for your response!

Indian applicant

Jun 29, 2014
ICJ said:
Hello Folks,
Please advise on the following

a) Can I open a Canadian bank account while in India? Yes. Contact Kotak bank branch or Scotiabank in Mumbai
b) Does this account become accessible right away? I have my brother in Canada who will deposit $14000 into my account. No. It does not become active until you visit physically to the branch with necessary documents of landing and passport
c) Can I show my Canadian bank statement as proof of funds? (if A and B above are possible)You can Wire transfer into your brothers' account and that paper itself is acceptable proof of your funds
d) If I cannot open a Canadian account, can I show photocopy of a bank draft as proof of funds(my brother will get the bank draft made from a Canadian bank)? If showing a photocopy is risky is it possible for me to get bank draft mailed to me here in India without the risk of someone stealing the bank draft during the shipping? do not make draft or courier etc. You will not have any issue at immigration. Once you visit the branch and activate the account, you can ask your brothers bank Teller to transfer to your account with his presence at any bank branch from any canadian city/bank

Thanks in advance for your response!

ICJ

Star Member
Feb 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2014
Nomination.....
May 13, 2014 (PER)
AOR Received.
June 03, 2014
File Transfer...
June 03, 2014, Processing from July 03, 2014
Med's Request
April 18, 2015
Med's Done....
April 23, 2015- 3rd Line Updated April 28, 2015-medicals received
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
June 03, 2015-Passports submitted June 04, 2015-4th Line Decision Made-June 05, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 12, 2015
LANDED..........
June 30, 2015-Ottawa
Thank you for your guidance! I Really appreciate it.

Shijukabby

Mar 31, 2015
Hello seniors
I read your post obout funds during landing, we are family of three and we do not have $17000,
We can show the proof of funds as a bank statement which says we have enough funds that can be encashed when ever in need in India as fixed deposit and also is it ok if we carry just $5000, we are just doing a landing for few days, probably less than 10 days, will it be a problem to carry only $5000 ?

Am sure you would have been tired of answering such silly questions, but please do shed some light on mine too...

xylene

Apr 16, 2010
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-June-2010
Doc's Request.
05-Oct-2010
AOR Received.
07-Feb-2011
File Transfer...
In Process 24-May-2012
Med's Request
04-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
16-Sep-2013 | 28-Oct-2013 'Medical Received' line in eCAS
Passport Req..
PP reached NDVO on 19-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 23-Jan-2014
LANDED..........
Apr 2014
Shijukabby said:
Hello seniors
I read your post obout funds during landing, we are family of three and we do not have $17000,
We can show the proof of funds as a bank statement which says we have enough funds that can be encashed when ever in need in India as fixed deposit and also is it ok if we carry just $5000, we are just doing a landing for few days, probably less than 10 days, will it be a problem to carry only $5000 ?

Am sure you would have been tired of answering such silly questions, but please do shed some light on mine too...
It is ok as long as the money you have in your bank account can be easily withdrawn.
Also you need an equivalent of 17000$ in your account or as cash.

manaarm

Sep 2, 2015
I am from UAE and landing next week . Will bank statements from Islamic banks be accepted .... 6 months statement can be provided . UAE does not have travellers check nor does it issue DD in CAD . Any idea what happened with other people who landed before.... which is the best form to avoid trouble

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
manaarm said:
I am from UAE and landing next week . Will bank statements from Islamic banks be accepted .... 6 months statement can be provided . UAE does not have travellers check nor does it issue DD in CAD . Any idea what happened with other people who landed before.... which is the best form to avoid trouble
So how are you planning to settle in canada without having access to the funds?...that would be CIC's concern

pr1711

Jul 29, 2014
Visa Office......
NDVO/<b>Colombo</b>
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
<b>Oct 09th 2014</b>
Doc's Request.
May 13th 2015
Nomination.....
<b>(PER):</b> Jan 15th 2015
AOR Received.
Feb 13th 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
<b>SLU:</b> May 01st 2015: Started processing on Apr 28th 2015
Med's Request
May 14th 2015
Med's Done....
May 20th 2015 || <b>Third Line: </b>May 28th 2015 || <b>Decision Made: </b>June 27th 2015
Interview........
Waived off
Passport Req..
[color=#D4A017] <b>July 30th 2015</b>[/color] <b>
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 2015
LANDED..........
Oct 16th 2015
Hi,

Just have a small query regarding proof of funds. Is a Forex card/Multi-currency travel card with required CAD$(>12000) considered an acceptable proof by immigration officers at the time of landing ?

Regards.

Indian applicant

Jun 29, 2014
manaarm said:
Step 1. Withdraw cash from your bank.
Step 2. Walk to Orient Exchange or UAE exchange (they will not accept cheque)
Step 3. Ask today rate for AED to CAD for cash (Shop in a few exchanges for the rate. It is lowest in last 5 yrs)
Step 4. Once you are comfortable on rate, freeze the transaction and handover the AED and collect CAD
Step 5. Depending upon the amount of CAD, they will need one or two hours max on a week day.
Remember these are small amounts in any terms and an be carried with you.
all you will need is to declare in the customs form the crew will hand over in the flight.
Although in many cases Immigration officer do NOT ask about landing funds, you will need them any way to settle

bhushans

Mar 13, 2015
sk540 said:
Thanks.. yes I ve asked my employer to provide pf statement.. hopefully will get it by today.. remaining amount will be covered by my bank statrment.
pie_vancouver said:
of course you can use your provident fund, I used this as my POF ;)
just ask your employer to give you a statement
Would any one of you please elaborate if this has been done?
If yes, that helps a LOT!

What kind of a letter from the employer would be required, as described by sk540?

Awaiting reply,

Thanks,

bhushan.

legrand

Star Member
Apr 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
00-10-2011
Doc's Request.
00-02-2015
Nomination.....
CSQ 25-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-01-2016 RPRF request 25-01-2016
Med's Request
27-02-2016
Med's Done....
02-03-2016 ; Med's received 09-03-2016
Passport Req..
14-03-2016
emamabd said:
1. They are needed at the time of application, should be maintained during the application process, and you are expected to have the amount with
you when landing to cover your settlement expenses until you find a source of income in your new country.

2. Not everyone who arrives at the airport is an FSW immigrant, there are also Visitors/Temp. residents/citizens or immigrants of other classes who
may not be required to have funds. Anyways - regardless of your status you should declare amounts that are above 10kCAD at your possession,
otherwise you may face serious consequences if the officers found out.

A question for you, have you received your visa and COPR? If yes - was there a letter in the package from your visa office? That should contain the instructions for landing and answers to your questions.
Hi emamabd,

I am a Canada PR applicant selected through the Quebec Skilled Worker Program. Under this program rules I had to file a Contract with Quebec Immigration showing that I had CAD3016 towards expenses for my first three months in Quebec. I noticed some figures mentioned on the CIC website http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp such as CAD11931 for a single person and so on. Do these amounts apply to me since I am an applicant under Quebec selection.