Passport Req..
By Lord Krishna's grace 17 Oct 2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM 3 nov, Canada address on ecase 10 Nov, visa issued 10/11
LANDED..........
27th Dec 2012, by Lord Krishna's grace
canada100 said:
Thank you my friend
qorax, so does this mean they will be satisfied as long as we have the DD for the stipulated amount at the time of landing and they don't call the banks??? many tx

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
canada100 said:
qorax, so does this mean they will be satisfied as long as we have the DD for the stipulated amount at the time of landing and they don't call the banks??? many tx
Regrets, I didn't get ur query.

davidovian

Star Member
Mar 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2010
IELTS Request
with application
File Transfer...
september 2011
Med's Request
october 2011
Med's Done....
october 2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02=04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
pending
hi Qorax

thank you for the valuable information... can you elaborate us more on the bank drafts and tcs?
what are TCs? and what about the bank drafts? are they the same as bank checks? if yes who would be the beneficiary? what should be written on the check? and what is it about the 30 day period you have mentioned in your post? your help is needed.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
davidovian said:
hi Qorax

thank you for the valuable information... can you elaborate us more on the bank drafts and tcs?
what are TCs? and what about the bank drafts? are they the same as bank checks? if yes who would be the beneficiary? what should be written on the check? and what is it about the 30 day period you have mentioned in your post? your help is needed.
-Bank draft is similar to Cashier's cheque.
-TC = Travellors Cheque
-30-day pd.: Overseas drawn bank drafts take a while to get credited into ur Canadian a/c after u have opened one & deposited it here. Usually most would be credited in a week or two max, but some might get stuck.

Akrum66

Star Member
Jul 2, 2010
Dear Mr.Qorax,
what will be the procedure and requirements and documents for opening an amount in Canada,Which bank will be more helpful and beneficial.
Is it acceptable as proof of fund, to make bank draft as a proof of fund from any local bank with reference to Pakistan.
Which amount of Dollars is allowed to take out of Pakistan.
Which bank provide the highest return on deposits in Canada, which are the best deposit schemes in Canada.
Thanks

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Akrum66 said:
Dear Mr.Qorax,
1.what will be the procedure and requirements and documents for opening an amount in Canada,Which bank will be more helpful and beneficial.
2.Is it acceptable as proof of fund, to make bank draft as a proof of fund from any local bank with reference to Pakistan.
3.Which amount of Dollars is allowed to take out of Pakistan.
4.Which bank provide the highest return on deposits in Canada, which are the best deposit schemes in Canada.
Thanks
U may like to read this first:
qorax said:
Banking Choices upon 'landing'

TD, Scotiabank & CIBC r the most favored banks here (TD, a shade better) - as they r present everywhere. We'd be hard pressed not to find either of the three in any/every town, even if it's remote. Moreover, these 3 bank's ATM machines could be found anywhere... not that we cannot use other's ATMs for w/drawing our monies - but, it'd add some addnl transaction charges [usually $2].

While RBC is the largest bank & BMO - the oldest bank of Canada -- however, they seem to have lagged behind the first 3 in marketing, especially with the newcomers. Nothing wrong with them either, but just that the other 3 r omnipresent - and prominently advertised too.

Besides, each of them have similar product bundles, some good in one aspect, while the other in something else. All the 3 also provide u a free safety locker for the 1st yr (only for newcomers). However, some of their branches might not have that facility.

NOTE:
Currently TD Bank has the 'longest operational' retail banking hrs. Its most branches operate for 12 hrs [from 8AM - 8PM] - yes, we can knock their doors @ 8PM for any of our 'personal' banking tasks!

Qorax
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
1. I'm with TD... though had initially opened a Scotiabank a/c from overseas (but switched later for no serious reason).
2. TD gives me a savings, chequing & credit card bundle - with chequing having no monthly charges (for any transaction/s) while keeping a bal of $5K.
3. I'm also aware that they offer "unsecured" $1K credit card to every newcomer, which is preety good.
1. U just need ur SIN & proof of address.
2. Any bank which provides u a draft in CAD/USD/GBP/Euro and payable in Canada will work fine.
3. I've no idea, regrets.
4. All banks have similar products. A savings a/c here will not fetch much (interest rates remain around 2% usually). There r other investment options though like RESP, RRSP, Govt. Bonds etc. all of which could give u tax relief as well.

Qorax

canada100

Dec 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03 March 2011
Doc's Request.
03 March 2011
AOR Received.
11 April 2011
File Transfer...
09 May 2011
Med's Request
03 Dec 2011
Med's Done....
16 Jan 2012 (received by CHC London 30/1) ecase med rcd updated 19/4
Interview........
Waived God willing
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
qorax said:
Ur IO will take/asssess ur bank statements on their face value. They will not (cannot) contact the bank.

PAMM4U

Dec 11, 2011
Respected Qarax & all forum members,

how r u?...how is life going on?

i have skilled worker visa with my wiife & a baby .we are going to land tronto next month.I have prepared a bank draft of 20000$ for me ,my wife& my baby.I have two queries

1)Is that my unlce wants to send 10000$ for his son through me .pls guide me and suggest , will it be problamatic there? I am confused.
2)Should i make temporary health insurance of my family?

Pls give ur precious advice....

with regards
PAMM

sam pk

Dec 30, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-07-2012
PAMM4U said:
Respected Qarax & all forum members,

how r u?...how is life going on?

i have skilled worker visa with my wiife & a baby .we are going to land tronto next month.I have prepared a bank draft of 20000$ for me ,my wife& my baby.I have two queries

1)Is that my unlce wants to send 10000$ for his son through me .pls guide me and suggest , will it be problamatic there? I am confused.
2)Should i make temporary health insurance of my family?

Pls give ur precious advice....

with regards
PAMM
Dear no its not a problem you would be carry 20000$ & for health insurance first you have to check wheather health facilities started from very 1st day in where you will intend to move. if not then you can make it .

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
canada100 said:
Regrets, I STILL don't get ur query. What do u mean by "call bank for DD"?

If u r talking about ur bank draft / cashier's chq that u'd be bringing for ur settlement funds while landing... I don't see there'd be any issues. In any case, drafts r always electronically &/or physically verified from the issuing office before being credited into anyone's a/c, unless there's a long-standing relationship between the a/c holder & the bank/s involved... in which case it might be credited imdtly however, could be reversed as well - if there's a folly detected.

Qorax

canada100

Dec 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03 March 2011
Doc's Request.
03 March 2011
AOR Received.
11 April 2011
File Transfer...
09 May 2011
Med's Request
03 Dec 2011
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived God willing
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
qorax said:
Regrets, I STILL don't get ur query. What do u mean by "call bank for DD"?

If u r talking about ur bank draft / cashier's chq that u'd be bringing for ur settlement funds while landing... I don't see there'd be any issues. In any case, drafts r always electronically &/or physically verified from the issuing office before being credited into anyone's a/c, unless there's a long-standing relationship between the a/c holder & the bank/s involved... in which case it might be credited imdtly however, could be reversed as well - if there's a folly detected.

Qorax
hi qorax, apologies if I was not clear enough. my question is:

You mentioned before that the CIC will take our bank statements submitted along with the application at face value. so does this mean they will not call the banks to check if the balance is maintained dring the processing of or application? Do you mean to say that the CIC just treats the bank statement as true and will be satisfied as long as we have the settlement funds available with us at the point of landing? Many thanks for your comments

canada100

Dec 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03 March 2011
Doc's Request.
03 March 2011
AOR Received.
11 April 2011
File Transfer...
09 May 2011
Med's Request
03 Dec 2011
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived God willing
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
H qorax,

if i can ask you another question please. Today, my ecase is updated with 'med results received'. Which of the following do u feel this means?

- The immi officer has simply received our results and doesn't mean medical is OK
- CIC has checked our medical, it is OK but reslts of Backgrnd/sec checks is pending
- CIC feels both medicals and backgrnd results are OK and are about to ask for or passports.

Please, you will see that it is going to be 3 mnths since tghey received our medical results. Our rprf DD was encashed on 16th FEb but there was no update until this morning. How long do you feel we have to wait for PPR? If you don't mind giving yr comments plz, many thanks and God bless you.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
canada100 said:
hi qorax, apologies if I was not clear enough. my question is:

You mentioned before that the CIC will take our bank statements submitted along with the application at face value. so does this mean they will not call the banks to check if the balance is maintained dring the processing of or application? Do you mean to say that the CIC just treats the bank statement as true and will be satisfied as long as we have the settlement funds available with us at the point of landing? Many thanks for your comments
Yes, it'd be taken on it's face value. However, the IOs have exp in assimilating info drawn from our case filing... They understand many things. Moreover, while meds u'd be asked for fresh POF docs as well.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
canada100 said:
H qorax,

if i can ask you another question please. Today, my ecase is updated with 'med results received'. Which of the following do u feel this means?

- The immi officer has simply received our results and doesn't mean medical is OK
- CIC has checked our medical, it is OK but reslts of Backgrnd/sec checks is pending
- CIC feels both medicals and backgrnd results are OK and are about to ask for or passports.

Please, you will see that it is going to be 3 mnths since tghey received our medical results. Our rprf DD was encashed on 16th FEb but there was no update until this morning. How long do you feel we have to wait for PPR? If you don't mind giving yr comments plz, many thanks and God bless you.
U'd be receiving ur PPR shortly... In a few weeks!