Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
azdania said:
Thank you, Mr. Qorax for your kind assistance. So as to proof of funds, if I show my husbands last twelve months bank statement in which monthly salary is deposited is enough. Have I understood properly. As you have adviced me to include my husband also in the application , now counting all the members i.e. 4, I have to declare $20,599 canadian dollars. So if I show annual salary of my husband for last year which comes little more than that, is it enough or have I got to show hard cash? :(

Regarding ILETS, is it compulsory eventhough we come from country (India) where we have done 15 years of schooling and graduation and postgraduation in english ?

Awaiting your reply,
Regards
Azmath
Ma'am,

That amount must be available to u, in a liquid format, on the day u provide the POF. Not the total figure of one yr, but the total money in the bank accounts.

The a/cs can be one or multiple... say some in Savings a/c, some in Term Deposits, some in Mutual Funds (the principal only - not the NAV), Shares, Bonds, Debentures etc.

Some VOs accept Fixed Assets' Valuations, but mostly do not. London doesn't, as I know. Thus, it might be potent for u to check your VO specific guide.

IELTS: Unfortunately it's compulsory for all applicants, except Native Anglophones. U'd have to take it. And submit it also during your apps@the CIO stage itself.

Qorax

D

drgladiator

For POF for 3 persons they need $16,967
But if only PA(principal applicant) lands first, then what amount of POF will be required to be carried to Canada at POE?---POF needed for 1 person--- $11,086 or POF needed for 3 persons-$16,967

Number of
Family Members Funds Required
(in Canadian dollars)
1 $11,086
2 $13,801
3 $16,967
4 $20,599

=============================

After landing in Toronto, Can i send/transfer back to INdia my funds(POF )which i will be carrying as TC? I wanna transfer to India back that money(POF) asap after landing as my uncle will be supporting me for few months in Toronto

=====================================================================

D

drgladiator

After landing in Toronto, Can i send/transfer back to INdia my funds(POF )which i will be carrying as bank draft(issued by HDFC bank in India) orTC? I wanna transfer to India back that money(POF) asap after landing as my uncle will be supporting me for few months in Toronto
..which is better TC or bank draft?
How will i send back to india the amount in bank draft?
And how soon after landing can i send back money to India in my bank draft or TC (POF)?
is it possible to send the money back to India within 10-15 days upon landing as PR?

What will be the advantages of opeining a/c with Scotia bank via HDFC bank in India compared to sending POF via bank draft or TC?

thanks and god bless u..

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
U have to show the complete landing funds on your 1st landing, even if u r arriving alone. By complete I mean the total CIC required amount in respect to the No. Of Pax Table.

Subsequent entries into Canada doesn't require showing any POF.

Yes, u can send back the money to your homeland. However, I wouldn't do that & rather keep it safe in a bank a/c here - in Canada.

Qorax

goal

Jun 8, 2010
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 2009
Doc's Request.
Jan 2010
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-10
qorax said:
qorax said:
U have to show the complete landing funds on your 1st landing, even if u r arriving alone. By complete I mean the total CIC required amount in respect to the No. Of Pax Table.

Subsequent entries into Canada doesn't require showing any POF.

Yes, u can send back the money to your homeland. However, I wouldn't do that & rather keep it safe in a bank a/c here - in Canada.

Qorax
Dear qorax ,

When will I get PPR ? We ( my wife and me ) have finished our Medicals on July 27 and my son's medical on August 18 .

Goal

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Dear qorax ,

When will I get PPR ? We ( my wife and me ) have finished our Medicals on July 27 and my son's medical on August 18 .

Goal
Dear Goal,

Usually the PPR arrives by 3-4 months from the date of Meds. Your Son's having reached them recently, plz give them that much to work on it. Expect something by late Nov-2010.

Qorax

kelmolab

Star Member
Dec 4, 2007
hi qorax,

I am currently in canada on a work permit, and have been employed and working for a manufacturing company for 10 moths now. My wife and 2 kids will be arriving sometime this last quarter of the year (by the grace of God) as our application for PR was approved. My questions are:
1. will i be required to get out of canada and come in again to 'land'?
2. if not, then i suppose my spouse and kids will have to land by themselves while i await for them here?
3. will we be required to show proof of funds?
4. if it is not necessary since I am employed here in canada, what documents then should we present instead? many thanks!

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
kelmolab said:
hi qorax,

I am currently in canada on a work permit, and have been employed and working for a manufacturing company for 10 moths now. My wife and 2 kids will be arriving sometime this last quarter of the year (by the grace of God) as our application for PR was approved. My questions are:
1. will i be required to get out of canada and come in again to 'land'?
2. if not, then i suppose my spouse and kids will have to land by themselves while i await for them here?
3. will we be required to show proof of funds?
4. if it is not necessary since I am employed here in canada, what documents then should we present instead? many thanks!
1 & 2: No, it's not necessary. U can book an appointment with a CIC (call their Toll Free No.) office & do then landing "within" Canada. However, there's a wait time. U can also exit from the nearest POE & return back for landing. But, wont it'd be good that u visit your homeland & fetch your family yourself?

3. No. For employed "in Canada" applicants there's no need for the landing funds.

4. U can show your T4, latest Pay Stub, Bank Statement, anything... to show that u get regular salaries.

Qorax

vgatiwan

Jan 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
april 14 2010
Doc's Request.
june 30, 2010
File Transfer...
june 2010
Med's Request
Sept.21, 2011
Med's Done....
Oct.23, 2011
Passport Req..
Feb.1, 2012
Dear Qorax,

I am just confused about the applicants working here in canada because I am a TFW here for more than 1year now and at first my consultant said that I dont have to show the proof of funds but then after a month they advised me to provide the required amount for three peolpe which we did..but now we really need money and im afraid I have to touch our POF.My querry is that do we really need not to show the POF since im working here?Its not that I dont believe my consultant but as I read all the threads here all is saying no need to provide if presently working..Im working under NOC C by the way...thanks a lot.......

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
vgatiwan said:
Dear Qorax,

I am just confused about the applicants working here in canada because I am a TFW here for more than 1year now and at first my consultant said that I dont have to show the proof of funds but then after a month they advised me to provide the required amount for three peolpe which we did..but now we really need money and im afraid I have to touch our POF.My querry is that do we really need not to show the POF since im working here?Its not that I dont believe my consultant but as I read all the threads here all is saying no need to provide if presently working..Im working under NOC C by the way...thanks a lot.......
Ref: OP6 - Federal Skilled Workers Manual, Page No. 27
Settlement Funds
The applicant must clearly demonstrate that have sufficient & available funds to meet the requirements or that they have Arranged Employment as defined in R82.
The amount of funds are assessed according to the applicant's family size...
Exception: If the applicant has Arranged Employment as defined in R82, they do not have to meet these financial requirements (R76(b2)(ii).

vgatiwan

Jan 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
april 14 2010
Doc's Request.
june 30, 2010
File Transfer...
june 2010
Med's Request
Sept.21, 2011
Med's Done....
Oct.23, 2011
Passport Req..
Feb.1, 2012
thank you for that..I also have a letter from my employer saying that she will hire me once I have my PR visa which we submitted also..I guess my consultant just want to make sure thats why they required us to provide POF I dont know..Idont have a direct answer also from them..Also I want to take this chance to ask about this 'coz its bothering for quite sometime now..I planned to have a vacation and probably wait for our PR visas(just hoping) back home..Does it have an effect for our application.?..I planned to get a letter from my employer saying that i will have a vacation or have a leave for quite sometime..but I dont actually planned to return but to wait for our visas back home..would it work?thak you very much.......

Umair

Jul 28, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2009
Doc's Request.
06-08-2009
AOR Received.
23-12-2009 ( 2nd )
Med's Request
21 Feb 2012
Med's Done....
25 Feb 2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
23-11-2012
LANDED..........
30 DEC 2012 EDMONTON Via Montreal YAHOO
Dear qorax,

When I sent my final documents to CHC in Dec 2009, I submitted bank statement of 21000 CAD, sufficient as per number of our family members. But now some amount is with drawn and more than 60% is still in my bank account. my question is :

1- Shall I have to maintain the required amount of Fund in bank account or
2- If possible at certain stage, shall I deposit the balance amount
3- Will they ask to furnish a fresh bank statement at certain stage or finalization of procedure i.e PRR
4- Will this deficiency will effect my case at any stage i.e. refusal etc
5- my bank account is in US Dollar currency and many transaction is made during these period.

Please comment

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Umair said:
Dear qorax,

When I sent my final documents to CHC in Dec 2009, I submitted bank statement of 21000 CAD, sufficient as per number of our family members. But now some amount is with drawn and more than 60% is still in my bank account. my question is :

1- Shall I have to maintain the required amount of Fund in bank account or
2- If possible at certain stage, shall I deposit the balance amount
3- Will they ask to furnish a fresh bank statement at certain stage or finalization of procedure i.e PRR
4- Will this deficiency will effect my case at any stage i.e. refusal etc
5- my bank account is in US Dollar currency and many transaction is made during these period.

Please comment
Making as many transactions is not a cause of worry, but going below 75-80% is not wise. I'd suggest keep depositing some funds as well, intermittently.

Yes, it's quite possible (many get it) that during the Meds CHC may ask u an updated POF. And that time u must have the required funds. And if then u do a sudden hefty deposit - it might raise a red flag.

So, beware!

Qorax

goal

Jun 8, 2010
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 2009
Doc's Request.
Jan 2010
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-10
Dear qorax ,

QUESTIONS, PLEASE HAVE A LOOK :

(From qorax post )
..... Every time we get a letter/email from the CHC -it carries a 'time limit' to submit something, right? Say 45 days, 60 days or 90 days... the ending day of that time limit is our next BF'D. As an example, if the CHC sent you a medical request [alongwith the forms] on 02 Jan 2010; and it carries a 60 day's deadline -it means your file has been marked with the next BF'D of 01 Mar 2010.

I GOT 30 DAYS DEADLINE (deadline was 8 Aug ) TO FINISH MY WIFE'S AND MY MEDICAL ,WE DID IT IN 20 DAYS TIME.AND AT THAT TIME ( JULY 29 ) I SENT DOCS TO ADD MY NEWBORN SON WITH MY APPLICATION (previously not notified to CIC about the newborn ). MY SON'S MEDICAL ARRIVED ON AUGUST 11 AND GOT 60 DAYS TO FINISH HIS MEDICAL.

However, if your medical results are received before the BF'D [01 Mar 2010], say on 05 Feb 2010 -your file will be further processed on that day itself [05 Feb 2010]. If the med results didn't come by earlier, then it will be opened on 01 Mar 2010 -the BF'D day.

WE FINISHED MY SON'S MEDICAL IN 8 (eight) DAYS TIME (on August 19)

SO I HAVE FINISHED MY SON'S MEDICAL MUCH EARLIER (52 days left out of 60 days). NOW THE QUESTION IS ,AS MY SON'S BF'D IS ON 11 OCTOBER 2010, BUT I FINISHED IT EARLIER ,WILL MY CASE GET MOMENTUM BEFORE THAT BF'D ( 11 October) IF SO , WHEN ( approx) ?

Qorax

GOAL

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
@goal

The moment your son's meds reached the CHC they have started acting on it. They wouldn't wait till 10-10-2010 for further processing it.

Qorax