07-06-2010
Med's Done....
30-09-2009
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
09-02-2010
Hello,

I am a Canadian Citizen living in the US (dual citizenship). My husband is a US Citizen. I would like to sponsor my husband from outside Canada for PR as we want to move to Quebec once my job ends here in May 2010 (I have been living in the US for 10 years). My concern is about question 11 on form IMM 5540 about providing "proof of your intention to re-establish in Canada".
At the time of applying, I will not yet have any of those documents listed (job offer in Canada, property deed, rental agreement, etc.). We would potentially have a rental agreement a couple of months before moving but not when I submit the application. Job wise we are in no rush since we have enough savings to carry us for at least 2 years before we need to start worrying so I'm stumped as to what to put here. Basically we are moving to be closer to my aging parents and for my husband to learn French. Is that enough of a reason? What about, "I miss Canada"? lol

What have other people in this kind of situation put down as proof?

Thanks in advance!

Boncuk

Nov 15, 2008
Well the best thing I did as I am in the same situation as you living in Egypt; is I put a couple of letters from family members aware of our arrival and support if needed etc. Just make your intentions clear. I know of a couple of ppl that got job offers or anything you can show that you have the intent to return. If it comes down to it I will show them a plane ticket lol Good luck!

can_80_n

Star Member
Mar 31, 2009
Quebec, QC
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2010
AOR Received.
14-06-2010
File Transfer...
07-06-2010
Med's Done....
30-09-2009
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
09-02-2010
Thanks, Boncuk! That's a great idea about writing letters to my family about moving back. Good luck!

Boncuk

Nov 15, 2008
also if you can get them to write CIC general letters that they are aware of your return.. that will help as well.. best is opening communication about the subject it shows your planning your return and what will be done when you arrive..i read somewhere getting a bank account there helps too if you dont already have one

can_80_n

Star Member
Mar 31, 2009
Quebec, QC
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2010
AOR Received.
14-06-2010
File Transfer...
07-06-2010
Med's Done....
30-09-2009
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
09-02-2010
Yes, I will definitely open up a back account in Quebec City. I hope I can do that without a current Canadian address. Maybe I could give my parents' address.

Also I just read on another post that a letter from my current US employer stating that my job will end in April 2010 would help as well.

Thanks for your help!

jvhd

Dec 28, 2008
Hello,

My Thai wife and I are planning to settle in Montreal. I was away from Quebec for more than three years working in Australia. In order to show my intention to re-establish, I got a lease at my parent's basement for 6 months from June 2009. I also added in there my Canadian bank accounts with sufficient funds, showed that my family is all in Canada and explain that I want to find job and house there.

I'm not sure if this is sufficient enough but your situation is very similar to mine.

My status on ECAS changed to Decision Made so I am patiently waiting the letter that should arrive in Thailand sometimes next week. I will keep the people of the board updated.

BTW, I got a problem with CIC requesting forms that were said to be not applicable to Quebec Resident. Your sponsor is living in Quebec so it might be okay for him. I guess I am a former resident of Quebec and had to submit the Sponsorship agreement and IMM5481 once everything was sent already. So that probably delayed my application by a month. I would probably ask my sponsor to double check if he needs these two forms.

Hope this helps and Good luck,
Jean

marabsky

Mar 4, 2009
Durban, South Africa
I also got letters from my sister, parents (who we are 're-uniting' with in Canada) to the immigration dept describing our plans to go there, our plans for hubby to study, how much they are looking forward for our 2 year old to be living there etc. Probably helped our successful visa app.

jvhd

Dec 28, 2008
Hello can_80_n,

My sponsorship was accepted on a letter received today. Seems like the evidences I discussed earlier were sufficient.

The file is now being sent to the Singapore office.

Good luck,
Jean

thaihubbie

Sep 6, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-12-2010
File Transfer...
29-01-11
Med's Done....
12-11-2010
Passport Req..
29-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2011
Hi Forum and jvhd,
I haven't been on this Forum for a few months but I'm happy to be back! I am in a similar position to jvhd and have been living and working abroad for over 5 years. Now, I want to sponsor my Thai husband and bring him and our daughter to Canada and settle in Ottawa. Initially we will be living in my parents basement until we can get our feet on the ground. I was planning on just writing in the application that we would live with my parents ,not thinking that I should sign a lease with parents to pay a nominal fee for living with them. Do you think preparing a 'lease' would be advisable?
The other question I have, which I am probably so ignorant to even ask is: Do I have to send in my husband's Police Clearance and Medical Clearance at the beginning with the entire package to CIC Missassauga OR do I only need to send it in to Singapore once Part A)Sponsorship has been approved??
Thanks Forum!!

Boncuk

Nov 15, 2008
All items on the checklist ie police clearance must be sent to CPC-mississauga as they will check the completeness of the application.

thaihubbie

Sep 6, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-12-2010
File Transfer...
29-01-11
Med's Done....
12-11-2010
Passport Req..
29-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2011
While reading the Immigrant's Sponsorship guide Part II, Page 6 under Security Requirements, it says ..FOR THE FOLLOWING COUNTRIES, POLICE CERTIFICATES SHOULD NOT BE OBTAINED BEFORE APPLYING FOR IMMIGRATION. YOU MAY RECEIVE SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS AT A LATER DATE ABOUT POLICE CERTIFICATES FOR THESE COUNTRIES: Afghanistan, Honduras, Thailand, Costa Rica, Hong Kong, Ukraine, Fiji, Poland, United Kingdom, French Polynesia, Singapore, Venezuela.

Does anyone have experience with this? Do I send in the Medical and Police Clearance to Mississauga or can I wait for Part A)Sponsorship approval and then send it in once I have been notified?

Boncuk

Nov 15, 2008
I would follow the booklet according to your area.. if it says to wait for the police clearance until they notify you I guess that is the procedure.. but medicals should be done just before you send in your application so it doesn't delay you.. any request the local offices make delays your application so keep that in mind :) Good luck