+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof Of Income and Means of Financial Support from Mexico

0hCanada

Feb 16, 2015
Hi everyone. I am a Canadian Citizen living in Mexico. This Summer I would like to take my Mexican fiance to Canada for two weeks.

My question is do i need to get her pay stubs and bank statements translated (from Spanish) and/or converted (from MXN) into CAD currency?

Thanks alot

any other advice would also be greatly appreciated!! :)

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
0hCanada said:
Hi everyone. I am a Canadian Citizen living in Mexico. This Summer I would like to take my Mexican fiance to Canada for two weeks.

My question is do i need to get her pay stubs and bank statements translated (from Spanish) and/or converted (from MXN) into CAD currency?

Thanks alot

any other advice would also be greatly appreciated!! :)
Translation is a must, conversion is not required.

Instead of paystubs ask for a "Constancia de Empleo" to her HR department can do one (there are several templates in Google if they don't know what is that). That is easier to translate than paystubs. For the bank statements she can have translated her bank statements for the last 3 months. Be sure that the statements show the deposits claimed in the paystubs.

Also I would be careful about mentioning your relationship as it can come tricky to prove you are not looking to immigrate to Canada (bridge Visa). Usually SO have a tough time, so better that she applies by herself.

0hCanada

Feb 16, 2015
Ok Thanks for your information. Ive made sure not to mention that we are engaged but is even stating that we are boyfriend and girlfriend risky?

The reason I ask is the whole purpose of the trip evolves around staying with my family and seeing my father who is ageing and not doing well, as well my sister has written a letter of invitation complete with birth certificate and notarized!????

Also is there generally a minimum that they want to see in your account for a two week stay, even if the invitee has said there will be no cost to her when she is staying in Canada?

Thanks in advance!

0hCanada

Feb 16, 2015
Also.... is the "Constancia de Empleo" like a reference letter? The HR has already written that for her, and it does say how much she earns in the letter, but Im just hesitant to upload anything twice. :-\

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
0hCanada said:
Also.... is the "Constancia de Empleo" like a reference letter? The HR has already written that for her, and it does say how much she earns in the letter, but Im just hesitant to upload anything twice. :-\
Yes. It's the same.

0hCanada said:
Ok Thanks for your information. Ive made sure not to mention that we are engaged but is even stating that we are boyfriend and girlfriend risky?
Yes.

0hCanada said:
The reason I ask is the whole purpose of the trip evolves around staying with my family and seeing my father who is ageing and not doing well, as well my sister has written a letter of invitation complete with birth certificate and notarized!????
Does your sister know her? If not then it doesn't make sense to have her write.

Birth certificate? Notarized?

Invitation package should include: letter of invitation, proof of funds (if sponsoring), proof of relationship (if any) and copy of ID.

Be careful on all this. If she is going with you for that make sure it doesn't sound you are getting her to save on help for your father, that you have a good reason why she has to go for that (just visiting won't cut it), that she will go back to her home country, that you are not planning to get married in Canada and then apply for sponsorship.... etc. etc. etc. etc.

0hCanada said:
Also is there generally a minimum that they want to see in your account for a two week stay, even if the invitee has said there will be no cost to her when she is staying in Canada?
1K per week.

She has to show she can survive by herself during the trip.

0hCanada

Feb 16, 2015
Yes my sister has met her twice in Mexico. but how can we prove that she knows her? Also what is a proper reason for stating why she is visiting, other than just to visit and sight seeing?

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
0hCanada said:
Yes my sister has met her twice in Mexico. but how can we prove that she knows her?
I would play this card.

She can explain in the letter of invitation the nature of the relationship e.g. they met and became friends, kept contact through Facebook and now she is inviting her to visit.

0hCanada said:
Also what is a proper reason for stating why she is visiting, other than just to visit and sight seeing?
Visiting and sightseeing is more than enough as long as her case is solid.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
0hCanada said:
The issue in mentioning a relationship with a Canadian citizen in a visitor application is that is generally makes a person a higher risk to overstay in Canada WITH their Canadian partner. As you live in Mexico and will be returning there, that risk is doesn't really exist.

I would not suggest lying in the application as the above poster has said. Be honest and say that she is coming with you to visit your family. Include strong proof of your own ties to Mexico as well to show that you will both be returning.

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
canuck_in_uk said:
The issue in mentioning a relationship with a Canadian citizen in a visitor application is that is generally makes a person a higher risk to overstay in Canada WITH their Canadian partner. As you live in Mexico and will be returning there, that risk is doesn't really exist.
This is risky. There have been many applications refused which involve a Canadian/PR living abroad that wants to his/her bf/gf accompany them for a short visit. Many have been around for the Christmas season.

canuck_in_uk said:
I would not suggest lying in the application as the above poster has said.
There is a whole world between lying and avoiding to release information that might weaken the application.

There is not a single "lie" involved in any of my advises. Please be more careful when using that word.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Jalex23 said:
This is risky. There have been many applications refused which involve a Canadian/PR living abroad that wants to his/her bf/gf accompany them for a short visit. Many have been around for the Christmas season.

There is a whole world between lying and avoiding to release information that might weaken the application.

There is not a single "lie" involved in any of my advises. Please be more careful when using that word.
Many apps are approved in this situation, more so than refused. Proof that the Canadian partner is also returning to the country of residence is VERY strong evidence that the visitor will not overstay.

I suggest you look up the definition of the word "lie". The purpose of the visit is to see her fiance's family. You advised that she should give a different reason for the purpose of visit. That is a lie, not merely an omission of unneeded information.

cangirl22

May 14, 2013
Has anyone had a positive experience in this type of scenario? I want to do the same thing with my fiance. He has children and really has no intention of staying in Canada but I would like him to meet my family..