+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of home ties? SDS application

HenryVo

Jun 2, 2019
I am applying through SDS and I have seen a lot of people being rejected because the VO said that: "We are not convinced that you will return to your home country". I am really worried now. I didn't explicitly state anything about home ties in my application. Will I be ok?

My background:
I am a high school graduate, pursuing a Bachelor's Degree at a Canadian university. I am just turning 18 this year. The biggest issue is that one of my 2 sisters recently gained PR in Canada and is living there now. However, both my parents are living in my home country, Vietnam, and my other sister is also living in Vietnam. I have stated this in my Family Information Form.

So with this background, will I be ok? I have submitted my application so I can't edit anything now. Please help.

Rajgur

Star Member
Jun 15, 2019
A strong sop about your future plans would’ve been a help
If you’ve stated it strongly
The background won’t matter that much

Rajgur

Star Member
Jun 15, 2019
Yeah
It’s important
It isn’t written or asked on the application but somehow it’s mandatory to provide an sop
Your statement of purpose will clear about your intentions in canada
On the other hand
Be hopeful
If you have strong academics and financial support
U will be good to go

HenryVo

Jun 2, 2019
Yeah
It’s important
It isn’t written or asked on the application but somehow it’s mandatory to provide an sop
Your statement of purpose will clear about your intentions in canada
On the other hand
Be hopeful
If you have strong academics and financial support
U will be good to go
For financial support, I have paid GIC and First year tuition fees as required for SDS.
For academics, I have 83% in Year 12 and 82% in Year 13. My IELTS is 7.5, with lowest is 6.0 in Writing.
I am accepted to Carleton University with $4000 scholarship for Bachelor of Computer Science degree.
I have travelled to the U.K, France, Spain, Italy, Japan, South Korea, China, etc. Recently I was studying in New Zealand for Year 12 and 13 (last 2 years of high school) under a valid and approved New Zealand student visa.
Do you think I have a chance without SOP?

HenryVo

Jun 2, 2019
U r good to with that profile
Don’t worry
Thanks bro! That's a relief! My application was updated with "You passed the medical exam" on 12th of July. Hopefully, I will get the result this week and Dear God, may it be approved.