+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Genuine Relationship - The Sequel

thelovelymrst

Mar 17, 2008
I'm starting to gather all of of the documents to prove my relationship to my husband. I was looking through all of the things that we have over our ten year history, and I wish I had kept a lot more of my stuff. Still, I have a lot of important documents. Can you tell me if I have enough, or do I need more?

I have

-Western Union Receipts from 11/2007 to present (he just helps me with little amounts)
-Marriage Certificate
-Wedding Photos (a whole lot of them!)
-Pictures from his three visits to me (from 2000, 2003, and our Engagement Photos)
-Letters from 1997 to 2006 (mostly from me, but from him too)
-Emails from 1998 to 2007 (a lot contain pre-paid phone card numbers for me to call him, and they are mostly from him, but some are from me)
-I plan to write a letter about our relationship, as well as my husband.
-Maybe a few letters from friends and family.

Is this enough, or do I need more? Thanks.

AJE

Mar 16, 2008
hi, I'm just starting to get all of our papers ready for proof of relationship also..that sounds like enough but i really have no idea i know when i send our stuff in ill have close to 4000 email, phone bills, pictures, and basically everything you listed .Have you guys ever lived together or have joint bank accounts, or a lease on a home/apartment together or both of your names on bills(you don thave to actually tell me that) beacause i heard that helps out a lot too. Anyways..hope everything works out for you two..

thelovelymrst

Mar 17, 2008
Yeah, I lived in Canada with him for nearly 8 months. I have a letter about applying to extend my stay in Canada (But it was subsequently denied). I also have a few travel itineraries from when I visited him (recent, though). I'm thinking about that as well.

AJE

Mar 16, 2008
the travel itineraries would probably be good too..i knew i was forgetting to tell you something else i remember saving my airline tickets to canada...soo yeah that should help but im pretty sure you two have enough information since its dating back from 1997..are you from the states?

thelovelymrst

Mar 17, 2008
Yep, I'm from the states, and my Husband is Canadian. We've had our ups and downs, my husband and I, but we've kept in contact, even when we were taking a break. I've got a lot of emails and a lot of friends that can vouch for me...family too.

AJE

Mar 16, 2008
yeah i think you'll be okay have you got your background check done and if so did you just get an fbi one or did you also get a state one done?