+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds

heather

Feb 11, 2008
My older daughter is 19 years and is a dependant in my application. She has her own bank account. Can I submit her bank account statement as part of my "proof of funds"? Will this be considered or do I need to transfer these funds to my account so that they reflect under my name?

Also I have investments in shares. Will they accept the valuation carried out on these investments by a Chartered Accountant for "proof of funds" ?

J

johnyun78

since you are the the principle applicant, all proofs of fund should be under your name.....
Meaning u must show that u have funds to support yourself and your other family members..
U can also go to the CIC website and verify this clause.....hopes these infor helps...

heather

Feb 11, 2008
Re: Proof of funds..PMM your views pls

Thanks Johnyun78....PMM request you to pls advise....thanks!

nomlah

Star Member
Feb 10, 2008
heather said:
My older daughter is 19 years and is a dependant in my application. She has her own bank account. Can I submit her bank account statement as part of my "proof of funds"? Will this be considered or do I need to transfer these funds to my account so that they reflect under my name?

Also I have investments in shares. Will they accept the valuation carried out on these investments by a Chartered Accountant for "proof of funds" ?
Valuation of shares by a CA will be an excellent Proof of funds. As your daughter is 19 years old ( not a minor dependant),so it is batter to have funds in your name that will not leave any room for arguments in interview.

Webmaster,
http://thinkingofcanada.com
http://study.thinkingofcanada.com

sach123

Mar 16, 2008
Hi Heather , It is just for your information . My Elder son is also 19 years old and doing CA right now. Yesterday I got my Medical Papers where as I was expecting a letter from Embassy demanding the Full Application Processing fee for him as he was a minor at the time of filing the aplication in 2002 and I paid Rs 4500 for him . They have not asked for the balance amount . What your daughter is doing what are ur plans for her once u get in Canada. Regards

heather

Feb 11, 2008
Hi Sach

My older daughter is presently studying fashion designing. My younger one is studying in the science stream & wants to pursue a commercial flying pilot course in Canada. I guess one will just have to go with the flow and make necessary payments as & when the same is demanded by the embassy. Regards.