+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds

vnavin8

Jan 7, 2020
I have a quick question regarding POF, I had around Rs 5,50,000 in my account and my parents sent another Rs 2,00,000 to my account last month. The money my parents sent was the money I lent them a couple of years back, should I enclose this amount as a Gift Deed or just explain the situation in the LOE stating that they paid me back? Also, do I need to get the gift deed notarized even though the money is already in my account? Any help is greatly appreciated! Thank you.

Last edited:

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
I have a quick question regarding POF, I had around Rs 5,50,000 in my account and my parents sent another Rs 2,00,000 to my account last month. The money my parents sent was the money I lent them a couple of years back, should I enclose this amount as a Gift Deed or just explain the situation in the LOE stating that they paid me back? Also, do I need to get the gift deed notarized even though the money is already in my account? Any help is greatly appreciated! Thank you.
If you can provide proof that you lent the money and you got it back, then do that else use a gift deed. You will need to get it notarized.

vnavin8

Jan 7, 2020
If you can provide proof that you lent the money and you got it back, then do that else use a gift deed. You will need to get it notarized.
Thanks for the update! I sent money through a website called Transferwise in a 2 month period, it was 3 seprate transfers, will a screenshot of the transaction be enough? Should I attach the screenshot to the LOE or the PoF document?

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Thanks for the update! I sent money through a website called Transferwise in a 2 month period, it was 3 seprate transfers, will a screenshot of the transaction be enough? Should I attach the screenshot to the LOE or the PoF document?
You should be able to get the transaction details from Transferwise and you can attach it to the LOE or the POF document. Either will work.