+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds

Ferawan12

Star Member
Jan 6, 2020
HELP!

For the proof of funds, does it have to be in Canadian Dollars or any currencies with an equal amount of funds required is okay?

Thank you

Ferawan12

Star Member
Jan 6, 2020
How long does the proof of funds valid for? Let say i get it on June, and i ended up submiting the dicuments on July or August, can i use the same letter or do i need to ge a new one ?

dr.josemrod

Sep 3, 2019
Santiago, Dominican Republic
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
31-08-2019
AOR Received.
05-09-2019
Med's Done....
18-09-2019
LANDED..........
08-05-2020
I believe it to be fine, though I would recommend getting it closest to application possible.

Ferawan12

Star Member
Jan 6, 2020
thank youu..
another question about notice of assessment, do i need to include that as well? if yes, where should i add that? working experience or proof of funds ?

Ferawan12

Star Member
Jan 6, 2020
How long do i have to keep my funds on the bank? Let say i want to buy something or use the koney for something, would that be okay or they would ask me about the money and stuff?

dr.josemrod

Sep 3, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
31-08-2019
AOR Received.
05-09-2019
Med's Done....
18-09-2019
LANDED..........
08-05-2020
How long do i have to keep my funds on the bank? Let say i want to buy something or use the koney for something, would that be okay or they would ask me about the money and stuff?
After we provided POF we were not asked NOA or to prove anything afterwards. We didn't use the money though, and I recommend you don't, you will need all of it.!

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Yes, in our case we didn't get asked, but we have needed it, pandemic, no jobs
I wasn't either, but i know people who have, especially now with the pandemic, CBSA will be more likely to ask if you have the required settlement funds.

Remember that you need to have at least the required funds as per the number of people in your family according to your application, and you should have a recent bank statement which shows this amount.

Ferawan12

Star Member
Jan 6, 2020
After we provided POF we were not asked NOA or to prove anything afterwards. We didn't use the money though, and I recommend you don't, you will need all of it.!
So when i land in canada, i just have to show the money that they require right? Not the money that i showed in the POF?

Ferawan12

Star Member
Jan 6, 2020
I wasn't either, but i know people who have, especially now with the pandemic, CBSA will be more likely to ask if you have the required settlement funds.

Remember that you need to have at least the required funds as per the number of people in your family according to your application, and you should have a recent bank statement which shows this amount.
The means the bank statement that shows the ammount that's on the POF, right?
Let say the dat of the POF is July 7th, if they ask for the bank statement, i should show the bank statement 6 months before July , right?

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
There are two things:

1. Submitting your proof of funds for your application, you ask for the most recent bank statement you can get before you submit your application, and you request bank statements for the last 6 months before that. So yes, you're correct on this if your request was made on July 7.

2. Hopefully everything works out, and now you've already been issued your PR visa and COPR, when you land in Canada, you should have a recent bank statement demonstrating you have at least the minimum settlement funds you need for your application. You present this to the agent if they ask you for updated proof of funds.

dr.josemrod

Sep 3, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
31-08-2019
AOR Received.
05-09-2019
Med's Done....
18-09-2019
LANDED..........
08-05-2020
There are two things:

1. Submitting your proof of funds for your application, you ask for the most recent bank statement you can get before you submit your application, and you request bank statements for the last 6 months before that. So yes, you're correct on this if your request was made on July 7.

2. Hopefully everything works out, and now you've already been issued your PR visa and COPR, when you land in Canada, you should have a recent bank statement demonstrating you have at least the minimum settlement funds you need for your application. You present this to the agent if they ask you for updated proof of funds.
Exactly, and when you land you don't need to have the 24K on hand, but you need to be able to prove your plan to access the funds once arriving. Bear in mind you won't be able to go to a bank for 14 days.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Gift deed from a sibling okay? Do you know anyone who successfully for the PR with his gift deed?
At what stage are you talking about? If you're talking about your application, a gift deed is fine but you will need the funds in your bank account as well, and you need to show the minimum balance or more either in the form of a bank letter or bank statement.

Reactions: Teen Titans Go!