+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds

Tharealdotconnector

Oct 5, 2019
Hi,
I intend applying for a student permit and I would like to get some clarification if someone can help me here . I am a swedish citizen and here in sweden if you intend to study overseas you are guaranteed a loan up to $40,000 to cover your tuition and living expenses . I asked the department processing the loan and they told me soon as I want to put in an application for my permit they will give me some kind of documents to show proof that I have funds to cover my tuition and all other expenses sort of like a loan letter . My other predicament is that the loan will not be disbursed to my school till like 3 weeks before school starts. Can someone advice me how to go about this . A friend of mine paid his own deposit after the permit was issued , he said at that time he was told that paying tuition fees was not part of the requirement but it's your choice as the applicant to pay. I hope someone helps me out . Thanks

nabilrana7

Star Member
Sep 5, 2019
Hello for paying tuition fees, university has deadlines. Kindly check that on the universities website. For instance in my university i m joining winter 2020 which starts at 6th January. The fee will be due as classes start but the last date to pay is 31st Jan 2020. Where for applying. After you receive offer letter you have to pay a deposit mostly $500(depends on uni) to confirm your spot. To sumup it is not necessary to pay tuition fee unless you are applying under SDS category. Regarding proof of funds there should not be any problem as your department will give u a letter for proof. Your friend is right .Goodluck.

Tharealdotconnector

Oct 5, 2019
Hello for paying tuition fees, university has deadlines. Kindly check that on the universities website. For instance in my university i m joining winter 2020 which starts at 6th January. The fee will be due as classes start but the last date to pay is 31st Jan 2020. Where for applying. After you receive offer letter you have to pay a deposit mostly $500(depends on uni) to confirm your spot. To sumup it is not necessary to pay tuition fee unless you are applying under SDS category. Regarding proof of funds there should not be any problem as your department will give u a letter for proof. Your friend is right .Goodluck.
Thanks for your input . I know I have seen some people get their permit without paying tuition except the school insist . Paying like I said it's not a problem just that the Swedish financial aid office that handle payments for students planning to study abroad will not release funds until 3 weeks of resumption. But they also told me since they will be paying they will just give me a letter to show proof of funds. What university you plan attending ?

nabilrana7

Star Member
Sep 5, 2019
Thanks for your input . I know I have seen some people get their permit without paying tuition except the school insist . Paying like I said it's not a problem just that the Swedish financial aid office that handle payments for students planning to study abroad will not release funds until 3 weeks of resumption. But they also told me since they will be paying they will just give me a letter to show proof of funds. What university you plan attending ?
thats good. I will be joining Concordia University. Wbu?