+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

proof of funds

Vjakhar

Star Member
Jul 19, 2019
hello dear members
i have query regarding pof. i need to show pof of 16000 dollar.
i have regular salary increment in my account. six month ago i have 8000 dollar in my account. after that there is regular salary increment. now 2 monthh ago i have gift deed of 2000 dollar from my father. and 6000 dollar by slary in last 6 months.
in total i have now 16000 dollar totall of which i have made fixed depoist .
now i have question for much amount i need gift deed. i.e.
for 16000-8000= 8000 dollar
or for only 2000 dollar
plz clarify

Vjakhar

Star Member
Jul 19, 2019
the remaining amount which i earnewd as salary with in these last 4-5 month does it count toward pof or i have to taek more goft deed to show [pof
please clarify

aditya9787

Star Member
May 23, 2019
Kolkata
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
gift deed is only for money that is gifted to you. your salary is not a gift. the whole 16000 will count as pof and you only need a gift deed for the 2000. There is no such requirement as maintaining the amount for 6 months or providing 6 months bank statements. Here's what IRCC says :

For proof, you must get official letters from any banks or financial institutions where you’re keeping money.

Letter(s) must
  • be printed on the financial institution’s letterhead
  • include their contact information (address, telephone number and email address)
  • include your name
  • list outstanding debts such as credit card debts and loans
  • include, for each current bank and investment account, the
    • account numbers
    • date each account was opened
    • current balance of each account
    • average balance for the past 6 months
last point does not mean a statement of last 6 months.

You can deposit the entire amount even before AOR provided you have a legitimate explanation about the source of funds. In your case, you can only show documentation regarding the FD and attach the gift deed and the bank letter mentioning the information above.

Reactions: Vjakhar

Vjakhar

Star Member
Jul 19, 2019
ok
one more thing is that in addition to gift deed certificate. does i have to provide certificate regarding other transaction like my salary as in bank statement they does not mention as slary it show it as transaction as bill payment. so i have to provide a letter in advance explaining it or it is needed when cic ask about it.

aditya9787

Star Member
May 23, 2019
Kolkata
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
You can attach pay slips and IT returns although not required. The 3 documents I mentioned should be enough. Explain everything in LoE.

Reactions: Vjakhar

Vjakhar

Star Member
Jul 19, 2019
ok thanks, aditya9787
one more thing in refrence letter my salary was different than in the appointment letter as salary hiked after 6 month of appointment. but in my refence letter this change of slary was not mentioned. is it necessary to attach appointment letter ?

aditya9787

Star Member
May 23, 2019
Kolkata
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Not required. They don't care what salary you got. It is just to check if the work experience was paid or not.