+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds

sgr350

Nov 18, 2018
I just moved from USA to India in April 2018, I had my bank accounts in USA , I didn't had the account in India
I transferred money from my BOFA account to my fathers account here in India for my expenses as I was getting charged fees every time I used BOFA debit card I , I opened NRI account here in India. Now I am transferring the money from my father's account to my account, I want to show that money as a proof of funds for Express entry Canada, Do you think it will be considered my money or borrowed money, Please advise. I have the receipt details of transfer from my account to my father's account. Please advise.

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
I just moved from USA to India in April 2018, I had my bank accounts in USA , I didn't had the account in India
I transferred money from my BOFA account to my fathers account here in India for my expenses as I was getting charged fees every time I used BOFA debit card I , I opened NRI account here in India. Now I am transferring the money from my father's account to my account, I want to show that money as a proof of funds for Express entry Canada, Do you think it will be considered my money or borrowed money, Please advise. I have the receipt details of transfer from my account to my father's account. Please advise.
Your father can write a gift deed to you and that will be sufficient. Moreover you can submit proofs of transactions to show that it is your own money anyway.

Raghu92

Nov 20, 2019
Hello to all the members,

I am from India, but I am working in Oman since last 4 years. I have an Nre account in kotak bank India where I remit my monthly salary. I have shown the Nre account for the proof of funds. Will it be okay with CIC