+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

proof of funds

jyolsnacijo

Star Member
Aug 28, 2018
Hello all,

My father has given me the whole necessary amount as a gift with a gift deed. Now can I make that amount into small duration fixed deposits, will cic be OK with it or should I just keep it in savings account?

Kindly help, Thanks in advance.

bmr

Jan 30, 2015
Hello all,

My father has given me the whole necessary amount as a gift with a gift deed. Now can I make that amount into small duration fixed deposits, will cic be OK with it or should I just keep it in savings account?

Keep as saving account should not be an issue ...
Please note : be genuine

So , if you want , try to provide LoE( letter of Explanation ) for source money that received ..
Try to get 6 months + bank statement signed from the bank
Also , arrange bank balance document ( there is format in bank ,i got it HDFC bank)
All these way , u can show ...ur PoF ...

jyolsnacijo

Star Member
Aug 28, 2018
Thank you. I have a notarized gift deed for the amount what my father has gifted me. I have deposited it in my savings account. I would like to put the amount as a fixed deposit. I am bit confused about the statement in cic website 'funds must be readily available for you'. Since we keep FD's for a set duration, will that be an issue.

mk11s

Star Member
Mar 28, 2018
Keep as saving account should not be an issue ...
Please note : be genuine

So , if you want , try to provide LoE( letter of Explanation ) for source money that received ..
Try to get 6 months + bank statement signed from the bank
Also , arrange bank balance document ( there is format in bank ,i got it HDFC bank)
All these way , u can show ...ur PoF ...
Can you share HDFC bank document format.My branch is not giving the letter.

bmr

Jan 30, 2015
Can you share HDFC bank document format.My branch is not giving the letter.
Please ask them to write it in their on way ... that you are maintaining so much amount in saving ... that is enough ...

long ago , i collected a letter from SBI ...for similar purpose..

Pls let me know if you have any challenges ....

Just you need a letter from bank and signed by authorities ... that it.

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Hello all,

Keep it simple. Savings account will be enough. Dont think about interest rates.

Syed Faizan Ali

Star Member
Jul 20, 2018
Please ask them to write it in their on way ... that you are maintaining so much amount in saving ... that is enough ...

long ago , i collected a letter from SBI ...for similar purpose..

Pls let me know if you have any challenges ....

Just you need a letter from bank and signed by authorities ... that it.
You mean we can hide a big fixed deposit by getting a closing statement in their own way that I am maintaining this amount as savings.

And no need for the whole 5-6 month bank statement?

bmr

Jan 30, 2015
You mean we can hide a big fixed deposit by getting a closing statement in their own way that I am maintaining this amount as savings.

And no need for the whole 5-6 month bank statement?
Please note : according ur CIC requirement u show ur funds , the required amount ... ( the required FD details ) , rest is upto you about FD details ...
i provided 6 months statements ...and got through...

RedCherry

Apr 26, 2018
Hi All,
So I have maintained the requisite balance in past 6 months in my salary account.As I also use the same account for my expenses there have been small withdrawals and some deposits from my other account to maintain the balance.Withdrawals in the range of 40k or 50k used in ticket booking and deposits also same range.Does this create a problem in bank statement?As I have internet banking of this card I have been using it for expenses and I also deposit small amount from my other accounts ?Will this create an issue? No deposit larger than 50k has been made apart from salary..

Jacobscreek

Sep 10, 2017
Hello ,

I am in the process of submitting my credentials after ita my due date is 19 nov . I got a problem regarding pof which is as follows :-

The money i am going to show as proof has been parked in different saving accounts. So the issue is shall i reflect the amount to ircc with diff accounts or shud i put it in a same account??

Also i had have a monthly recurring acc which has been matured now and i got the amount in one of those bank acc. So shall i require a Loe for this sudden gush of money in the account

hope2018

Champion Member
Mar 14, 2018
Hello ,

I am in the process of submitting my credentials after ita my due date is 19 nov . I got a problem regarding pof which is as follows :-

The money i am going to show as proof has been parked in different saving accounts. So the issue is shall i reflect the amount to ircc with diff accounts or shud i put it in a same account??

Also i had have a monthly recurring acc which has been matured now and i got the amount in one of those bank acc. So shall i require a Loe for this sudden gush of money in the account
No issues is showing more than one account.
Yes better to explain source of that deposit.

hitesh0414

Apr 17, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 December, 2016
AOR Received.
10 December, 2016
Med's Done....
26 November,2016
Passport Req..
10-03-2017
Thank you. I have a notarized gift deed for the amount what my father has gifted me. I have deposited it in my savings account. I would like to put the amount as a fixed deposit. I am bit confused about the statement in cic website 'funds must be readily available for you'. Since we keep FD's for a set duration, will that be an issue.
Hi,

Fixed deposits are good to show. I did that. Upload FD Certificate, Bank letter confirming FD opening date, opening amount, maturity date, maturity amount and stating that FD is free of any loans and also gift deed (in your case).

Lorenc80

Aug 13, 2018
Hi,

Fixed deposits are good to show. I did that. Upload FD Certificate, Bank letter confirming FD opening date, opening amount, maturity date, maturity amount and stating that FD is free of any loans and also gift deed (in your case).
I have FD since June 2017. Do I need to provide source of funds?

hitesh0414

Apr 17, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 December, 2016
AOR Received.
10 December, 2016
Med's Done....
26 November,2016
Passport Req..
10-03-2017
I have FD since June 2017. Do I need to provide source of funds?
If the FD is six months or more old, then you do not need to provide the source of funds. This is what I did for me, my friends and siblings.

salilkuk

Aug 23, 2018
Hello folks,

I have a US bank account with enough funds but I also have a car loan with the same bank. Do I need to show my loan amount as well? It has not been included in the letter issued by the bank, or the statements.