+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds

varshausa

Feb 18, 2018
I have an NRE/NRO account with ICICI bank in India. My mother is a mandate (https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-difference-between-a-joint-account-holder-a-mandate-holder-and-a-nominee-for-an-NRI-account-in-India) on those accounts.
ICICI bank customer care folks say that this doesn't make it a JOINT ACCOUNT.
Now the question is, should I get an affidavit from my mother to express her permission for me to use the funds as I please? (In my case, for the proof of Funds for the Canada Express Entry, of course)

pritishgirish

Mar 5, 2018
I have an NRE/NRO account with ICICI bank in India. My mother is a mandate (https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-difference-between-a-joint-account-holder-a-mandate-holder-and-a-nominee-for-an-NRI-account-in-India) on those accounts.
ICICI bank customer care folks say that this doesn't make it a JOINT ACCOUNT.
Now the question is, should I get an affidavit from my mother to express her permission for me to use the funds as I please? (In my case, for the proof of Funds for the Canada Express Entry, of course)
Hi Varsha,
I have a doubt on the same lines. I have opened a NRO Account with my Spouse who is the primary applicant. Just wanted to confirm if holding funds in a NRO Account is acceptable. As the bank stated that the funds in NRO Account can be used in India only.

Could someone confirm the same.

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
You can probably use that account for proof of funds for sake of the application. It may not be possible to actually withdraw that money and take it to Canada when you travel.

pritishgirish

Mar 5, 2018
I am Planning to use the NRO account just for proof of funds the money that ill be using for Canada when i reach will be from another account in which i plan to keep some funds exclusively for this purpose.

Hope this will not be an issue by the evaluation officers while reviewing my proof of funds

jkaur95

Star Member
Nov 19, 2018
I am Planning to use the NRO account just for proof of funds the money that ill be using for Canada when i reach will be from another account in which i plan to keep some funds exclusively for this purpose.

Hope this will not be an issue by the evaluation officers while reviewing my proof of funds
@pritishgirish @varshausa Hi I am also planning to use NRO account. Has cic accepted your NRO account statement?

payal8502

Star Member
Mar 13, 2019
Hi,

I am in a similar situation. Does anybody know if showing NRE/NRO account will work? I have an NRE/NRO account (in an Indian bank) with my mother as mandate (NOT joint holder). I am the primary applicant for immigration. My spouse (who will accompany me) is the secondary.

Please advise.