Interview........
Waived, "Decision Made" on 10-02-2017
Passport Req..
21-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-03-2017
LANDED..........
11-03-2017
I'm an American citizen staying with my Canadian husband in Canada while waiting for my PR to process and I am going to need to submit an application to extend my visitor status soon. I have four questions:

For "UCI" at the top of the form do I put the one that CiC uses for my PR application?

For "Funds available for my stay" what should I put if I am not working and am living with my husband who is working? We don't have anything saved up and just use his normal pay for day to day expenses.

For "Date and place of original entry into Canada" do they mean the first time I ever set foot in Canada or do they mean the place I entered for this particular visiting period?

And will they be able to see that I have applied for PR or do I have to include something to show that (or does that not matter)?

Thank you

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
yelloweyedmage said:
I'm an American citizen staying with my Canadian husband in Canada
I will assume you are a USA citizen (hopefully you mean that).

yelloweyedmage said:
For "UCI" at the top of the form do I put the one that CiC uses for my PR application?
Yes

yelloweyedmage said:
For "Funds available for my stay" what should I put if I am not working and am living with my husband who is working? We don't have anything saved up and just use his normal pay for day to day expenses.
For these cases usually some sort of "mutual" account has to be shown. For example, a credit card on your husband's name and an additional card in your name.

You have to show CIC that you actually have access to the money on demand. How you do it depends on your specifics.

yelloweyedmage said:
For "Date and place of original entry into Canada" do they mean the first time I ever set foot in Canada or do they mean the place I entered for this particular visiting period?
Depends. Usually it is the entry to Canada for the longest period. So for example if you entered in Jan 1, 2016 and you went on vacations for two weeks in June and then in November 2016. You will put Jan 1st 2016 as your "date of original entry".

You have to sort this out depending on your specifics.

yelloweyedmage said:
And will they be able to see that I have applied for PR or do I have to include something to show that (or does that not matter)?
They can see it.

It is a best practice to always include the numbers relevant to your case. This is a courtesy that could be appreciated by the officer handling your case.