+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds

pkssandhu

Apr 16, 2013
Greetings All!

I have a question around proof of funds under CEC.

Now, before I get shouted at, I know and I have researched this that there is no need to show proof of funds and during landing the CBSA officer will not ask for it either. However, my case is a little different which warranted me to ask this question as I cannot find a specific answer to my situation.

I am not in Canada right now and I am not working there. I was in Canada for 11 years during which I applied for PR and then I came back to India over a year ago. So since I am not working in Canada, will I have to show proof of funds then? Even though CBSA officer shouldn't ask for it, I would like to be prepared. I have had example when they do go off the rule book and throw you a curve ball so I am just thinking head and being cautious.

Let me know if anyone has done landing in similar situation or know somebody who has and if they asked for proof of funds.

Your feedback is much appreciated.

Thank you

P.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
So are you PR now or will be when you return as is not clear given you were working in Canada for 11 years and have been out of Canada for over a year. Separate question from funds just additional background

pkssandhu

Apr 16, 2013
Bs65 said:
So are you PR now or will be when you return as is not clear given you were working in Canada for 11 years and have been out of Canada for over a year. Separate question from funds just additional background
Yes. I will be a PR when I return. I was not when I was living in Canada.

adaytoremember

Sep 18, 2014
Without doing a bit of research myself, I'm fairly certain that it's a blanket statement - no proof of funds required for CEC PR applications. It shouldn't matter whether you haven't been here in the last year, or you've been here for the last 10.

Of course, I could be wrong...

pkssandhu

Apr 16, 2013
adaytoremember said:
Without doing a bit of research myself, I'm fairly certain that it's a blanket statement - no proof of funds required for CEC PR applications. It shouldn't matter whether you haven't been here in the last year, or you've been here for the last 10.

Of course, I could be wrong...
Alright. Thank you.

hkcec

Star Member
Jul 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2014
AOR Received.
15-07-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
(Decision Made) 30-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
(CoPR) 04-11-2015
LANDED..........
04-2016
I landed 2 weeks ago and in the past 12 months I haven't lived nor worked in Canada.

No proof of funds asked during the landing process, but you have to declare if you are carrying over $10K with you.

pkssandhu

Apr 16, 2013
hkcec said:
I landed 2 weeks ago and in the past 12 months I haven't lived nor worked in Canada.

No proof of funds asked during the landing process, but you have to declare if you are carrying over $10K with you.
Ah, great. Thank you for sharing.

Cheers!!

MubinSultan

Star Member
Apr 22, 2015
Hang on guys, with COPR they give you one booklet , in that it is clearly mentioned that Economic category immigrants(i.e skilled workers selected on the basis of economic factors) MUST satisfy the immigration officer at the port of entry that they have enough money to support themselves and their family members

and what I feel is Canadian experience class comes under Economic class stream

I want seniors to give their opinion on this