+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PROOF OF FUNDS

dansousa

Star Member
Oct 22, 2015
Hi guys,

I'm struggling a bit in regards to the bank documents.
My bank does not provide the statements the way Ontario/CIC is requesting. I can print them from the Internet but it won't have the specs required, it actually only have the account type, account number and the history for the last 6 months...
I have though a letter from the bank saying that I'm the owner of the account and its balance, when the account was opened, stating that I have full access to all of its funds. This letter is on bank letterhead paper containing the signature of my bank manager.

Will I have problems?

Thanks

velveteen

Star Member
Jun 8, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-15-2015
AOR Received.
11-15-2015
dansousa said:
Hi guys,

I'm struggling a bit in regards to the bank documents.
My bank does not provide the statements the way Ontario/CIC is requesting. I can print them from the Internet but it won't have the specs required, it actually only have the account type, account number and the history for the last 6 months... Print out these statements and get your bank official to stamp and sign the print outs (best to get it from the manager)
I have though a letter from the bank saying that I'm the owner of the account and its balance, when the account was opened, stating that I have full access to all of its funds. This letter is on bank letterhead paper containing the signature of my bank manager.

Will I have problems?

Thanks

dansousa

Star Member
Oct 22, 2015
Thanks Velveteen..

The problem is that the account that I have most of the money is located in Brazil and I'm living in Australia at the moment so I won't have the proper time to get everything printed out and signed by the manager and sent here. Also I depend on someone there to do this all for me. It takes almost 3 weeks for the docs to get here and it will take me about 2 weeks to get these docs sent to Canada...
Do you know if they would just reject or would they ask for supporting documents or more proof of it?

I think my main question is that if I send what I have now(original letter and printouts from the Internet), would they reject or ask for more proof??

Thanks

Yoda24

Nov 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dansousa said:
Thanks Velveteen..

The problem is that the account that I have most of the money is located in Brazil and I'm living in Australia at the moment so I won't have the proper time to get everything printed out and signed by the manager and sent here. Also I depend on someone there to do this all for me. It takes almost 3 weeks for the docs to get here and it will take me about 2 weeks to get these docs sent to Canada...
Do you know if they would just reject or would they ask for supporting documents or more proof of it?

I think my main question is that if I send what I have now(original letter and printouts from the Internet), would they reject or ask for more proof??

Thanks
Its a tricky thing, on CIC website, its not specified that you will need a stamped POF document from bank, but its been suggested (based on others experience) to get this done. Can't you phone the bank and ask them to stamp the document and scan and send it back to you ? or you can send the document to your relatives and they can get this done, scan the stamped doc. and send you soft copy ?

velveteen

Star Member
Jun 8, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-15-2015
AOR Received.
11-15-2015
dansousa said:
Thanks Velveteen..

Thanks
I second Yoda's suggestion

dansousa

Star Member
Oct 22, 2015
Hmmm.. Will they accept that? i thought I would have to send the original copy of this kind of document...
Will ask them to do it...

A stamp and a signature(from the manager) should do it, right?

thanks again

velveteen

Star Member
Jun 8, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-15-2015
AOR Received.
11-15-2015
dansousa said:
Hmmm.. Will they accept that? i thought I would have to send the original copy of this kind of document...

thanks again
Actually, they might accept the scans too (send them pdf versions). I had sent additional docs to OINP by email after my file submission and they gladly accepted those (this was around July of last year - don't know if things have changed since then). Just shoot an email to OINP and hash it out. They used to respond to queries when I applied. Meanwhile, work on obtaining the originals as well, in case they are needed.

Yoda24

Nov 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dansousa said:

thanks again
Everything in express entry is soft copy, no physical paper involved. Get your documents stamped from any authorised person in the bank and you should be good to go.. All the best.

velveteen

Star Member
Jun 8, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-15-2015
AOR Received.
11-15-2015
Yoda24 said:
Everything in express entry is soft copy, no physical paper involved. Get your documents stamped from any authorised person in the bank and you should be good to go.. All the best.
I believe they are talking about OINP at the moment (unless I misunderstood).

Yoda24

Nov 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
velveteen said:
I believe they are talking about OINP at the moment (unless I misunderstood).
I read Ontario/ CIC - you might be right, currently he/she might be looking at Ontario perspective only. Cheers !

dansousa

Star Member
Oct 22, 2015
Yoda24 said:
I read Ontario/ CIC - you might be right, currently he/she might be looking at Ontario perspective only. Cheers !
Am looking at Ontario for now.. but I know it will be required later on for CIC, right? That's why I put both in there.

I'll try and get the scans for now and organise someone to send the originals to me as they may be requested later on...

thanks again guys.

Cheers
Daniel