+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds

Jas Singh

Oct 9, 2014
Hi All,
Your valuable advise will help.
I am in process to apply for EE after my IELTS scores with over all Band 8. Total work ex 11 years. NOC 0112. Not sure how fast the ITA will come however if anyone can guide on following queries.
1- Proof of funds - Is it mandatory to have 6 months bank statement for proof of funds. Will bank letter do?
2- Due to funds issues my consultant informed me that I apply alone now and later sponsor your spouse and kids? Is it right thing to do? Or
3- Do I need to show funds for myself only or for family too if they are not accompanying me?
4- On landing do they check on POF? More than 10k CAD is not allowed how to manage that?
5- Do they also check liabilities, I have personal loan running?

Appreciate your valuable comments.
Thanks,
Jas

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jas Singh said:
Hi All,
I am in process to apply for EE after my IELTS scores with over all Band 8. Total work ex 11 years. NOC 0112. Not sure how fast the ITA will come however if anyone can guide on following queries.
1- Proof of funds - Is it mandatory to have 6 months bank statement for proof of funds. Will bank letter do?
2- Due to funds issues my consultant informed me that I apply alone now and later sponsor your spouse and kids? Is it right thing to do? Or
3- Do I need to show funds for myself only or for family too if they are not accompanying me?
4- On landing do they check on POF? More than 10k CAD is not allowed how to manage that?

Thanks,
Jas
1. Read the forum. There is PLENTY of discussion on this. 2. Your consultant is wrong. Your spouse and kids don't have to come to Canada at the same time as you, but you have to have enough funds for the size family you have, whether they are coming with you right away or not. 3. You have to have funds for the family, as above. 4. More than 10K IS allowed, you just have to tell them you have it. 4. You TELL them about personal liabilities. Be honest with them. If they find out that you were purposely not honest with them about anything, they will bar you from Canada for five years.

mhammoud

Star Member
Nov 22, 2015
Oakville, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Hi All,

Is the objective of POF to declare all the assets and loans that you have or just a proof of owning the minimum amount requested. I have a fixed deposit account in a bank, I got the reference letter and 6-month statement but I haven't asked for a paper about loans since I have none with this bank. What do you think? Appreciate feedback from all and specifically those who who got PR.

Thanks

cjs

Nov 13, 2015
Jas Singh said:
Hi All,
CIC asks for 6 balance certificate with 6 months average balance also. but i have seen cases where only balance certificate has worked well. I talked with so many consultants, all say that balance certificate will work. Moreover POF will be validated at local VO which is likely to be after 3 months of PR application.
What is this funds issue ?
You will need to show funds for all your family members
They check POF on landing, you can carry more than 10K. you ll have to declare if you are carrying more than 10K
No, they do not check liabilities, you should have sufficient funds and these funds should be 6 months old being on safer side. plus these funds should not be borrowed

Thanks,
Jas

cococly

Aug 3, 2015
Category........
PNP
Doc's Request.
28-FEB-2017
Nomination.....
07-DEC-2016
AOR Received.
18-JAN-2017
Med's Done....
24-DEC-2016
Passport Req..
06-JUN-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-JUN-2017
LANDED..........
00-JUL-2017
Would 6 months of Bank Statements work for ONIP? :eek: It said 6 months of my Canadian Bank Statement (with my name) only.

cjs

Nov 13, 2015
cococly said:
Would 6 months of Bank Statements work for ONIP? :eek: It said 6 months of my Canadian Bank Statement (with my name) only.
OINP asks for 6 months bank statement. so it should have all your transactions in it. though i know people who have sent only 2-3 months bank statement. result needs to be seen :)

So being on safer side, i would suggest you to send 6 months bank statement to OINP.