+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds

May 17, 2015
Hello everybody. Just wondering if you can advise. I applied for the Express Entry and didn't expect to get accepted that quickly. Now, I apparently need to prove that I have $12000 in my account. I have read the other topics on the forum but it is still unclear. Does that mean I have to have the $12000 upon submitting my application? I currently have about half the amount in the bank but in about six months should have the required money. Can I have the bank attest that? I have a car which I will be selling upon leaving for Canada. Will they take that into consideration? Or would declining the offer be the best solution? Hope someone can help. Thanks!

shakashaka

Star Member
Feb 9, 2015
irokoispliskin said:
Hello everybody. Just wondering if you can advise. I applied for the Express Entry and didn't expect to get accepted that quickly. Now, I apparently need to prove that I have $12000 in my account. I have read the other topics on the forum but it is still unclear. Does that mean I have to have the $12000 upon submitting my application? I currently have about half the amount in the bank but in about six months should have the required money. Can I have the bank attest that? I have a car which I will be selling upon leaving for Canada. Will they take that into consideration? Or would declining the offer be the best solution? Hope someone can help. Thanks!
You need to have the $12,000 in the account. The car does not mean much to cic. My advice is if you can sell the car now and it is worth 6,000$ plus then do sell it. Make sure you have all document i.e title, sell and transfer agreement to back up the sudden increase of money in your account.

henryahmed

Star Member
Feb 2, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-2015
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
irokoispliskin said:
For POF you need to show that you had the amount required by cic for 6 months. it needs to be liquid and transferable funds. cic does not accept any properties such as cars or personal ítems as POF.

May 8, 2015
Hello,

Kindly clarify that I have property assets about 25400$.
May I show as proof of fund.
Your response highly appreciated.

Adnan

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
kishoresmec said:
Gifts (POF) from Parents are allowed ?
If you can prove to CIC that it's a gift, then yes. Have a letter saying your parent is gifting it to you, and vowed before a lawyer (or something equivalent)