+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds

aliptpatel

Apr 13, 2015
Hi folks, its my beginning here, I have admit from U of Windsor for Fall 2015 in MEng in Mechanical Engineering, as April has been started, I would like to begin my visa and GIC process. My parents will be funding my study and living in CANADA. While preparing funds and surfing through this forum, I seen several post stating a four months bank statement as a mandatory. My parents received money to fund my studies on 31st march from their 15 years PPF and the amount is about 20 lacs. so is it necessary to show four months statement or it can be neglected? Will this affect my visa approval or not? Seniors and others please reply. Thanks in advance. :)

harry321

Dec 25, 2012
chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aliptpatel said:
Hi folks, its my beginning here, I have admit from U of Windsor for Fall 2015 in MEng in Mechanical Engineering, as April has been started, I would like to begin my visa and GIC process. My parents will be funding my study and living in CANADA. While preparing funds and surfing through this forum, I seen several post stating a four months bank statement as a mandatory. My parents received money to fund my studies on 31st march from their 15 years PPF and the amount is about 20 lacs. so is it necessary to show four months statement or it can be neglected? Will this affect my visa approval or not? Seniors and others please reply. Thanks in advance. :)
pay one year fee, not one semester.. Purchase GIC that is it...if under spp(if u r applying first time),
if applying under university category then ONE year fee+GIC is sufficient, but also write very strong sop and mention how u gonna support your stay in canada.

hannahmay

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
Hamilton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The amount you need to show is 1 YEAR tuition + $10,000 (1 YEAR) living expenses. In your acceptance letter the university sent you it should've included an estimate in tuition, so go on that. In your case, I would show the proof of that money PLUS your parents four months statements. In your supporting documents simply explain you have included the proof of the lump sum amount as well as the four months, it should be more than enough. Better safe than sorry.

aliptpatel

Apr 13, 2015
hannahmay said:
The amount you need to show is 1 YEAR tuition + $10,000 (1 YEAR) living expenses. In your acceptance letter the university sent you it should've included an estimate in tuition, so go on that. In your case, I would show the proof of that money PLUS your parents four months statements. In your supporting documents simply explain you have included the proof of the lump sum amount as well as the four months, it should be more than enough. Better safe than sorry.
I asked my university, and they said that they only take fees for one term but you can pay lump sum amount and they will be assessed as your term processed. The rest of amount will be remain in your account.

What sould I do? Pay the lump sum or pay only first term and show other in bank account ?

another question I have to show 20 lacs for four months in bank balance or only to show four month statement i.e. February to May?