+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof Of Funds

harshdv

Sep 15, 2011
Dear All,

Is the settlement fund required to be maintained from the filing of Express Profile or only when applying after recieving an ITA?

Regards,
Harsh

visaowl

Star Member
Mar 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Harsh, what CIC will ask for is your current balance and average balance for last six months. Now, obviously you will supply current balance after ITA which won't be a problem. But if funds are not sitting in your account, the second metric i.e. average six month balance will make things difficult for you. So only apply when you are ready with these things.

nick.rwth

Oct 7, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
EE 474 points (6th draw)
Unless you are currently authorized to work in Canada and have a valid job offer from an employer in Canada, you must show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family after you get to Canada.

You cannot borrow this money from another person. You must be able to use this money to pay the costs of living for your family (even if they are not coming with you).

You will need to show proof to the Canadian visa office in your home country that you have enough money when you apply to immigrate.

If you already in Canada you can show last statement only because you already got in Canada

rakeshk007

Apr 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Say I get ITA and I haven't got the the necessary funds in my account. I intend to ask my parents to make transfers to my account from their account after i receive ITA.
I will then take the statements. Is that valid?

visaowl

Star Member
Mar 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rakeshk007 said:
Say I get ITA and I haven't got the the necessary funds in my account. I intend to ask my parents to make transfers to my account from their account after i receive ITA.
I will then take the statements. Is that valid?
Nope. You are borrowing money, and borrowing money will most definitely raise a red flag for CIC.

Singalingali

Jan 31, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
visaowl said:
Harsh, what CIC will ask for is your current balance and average balance for last six months. Now, obviously you will supply current balance after ITA which won't be a problem. But if funds are not sitting in your account, the second metric i.e. average six month balance will make things difficult for you. So only apply when you are ready with these things.
My bank will only give me general letter which they give to all visa applicants. They will not calculate average balances over the last six months. Should I attach my bank statement to this letter when applying?

visaowl

Star Member
Mar 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Singalingali said:
My bank will only give me general letter which they give to all visa applicants. They will not calculate average balances over the last six months. Should I attach my bank statement to this letter when applying?
Yes. Then the other option is to submit balances over last six months, by means of a bank statement for last six months.