+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds

sshivani0713

Jul 23, 2021
Hi,
I am asking questions from my wife's login but please clarify the following -->
1. Is my wife's bank statement also required if half of the amount shown in the proof of funds is in her account ?? (The account is not a joint account)
2. Secondly, suppose if half of the amount is in my wife's account and she transfers money into my account so in this case do we need to show her account statement ?? Also, please confirm if we need to get a Deed / Gift certificate in this case if the amount is transferred to my account from my wife's bank account.
3. Or it is as simple, that if my wife transfer money from her bank account to my bank account, then they will only need my bank statement, not wife's bank statement.
Note: I am the primary applicant in express entry and my wife is the secondary applicant.

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Hi,
I am asking questions from my wife's login but please clarify the following -->
1. Is my wife's bank statement also required if half of the amount shown in the proof of funds is in her account ?? (The account is not a joint account)
2. Secondly, suppose if half of the amount is in my wife's account and she transfers money into my account so in this case do we need to show her account statement ?? Also, please confirm if we need to get a Deed / Gift certificate in this case if the amount is transferred to my account from my wife's bank account.
3. Or it is as simple, that if my wife transfer money from her bank account to my bank account, then they will only need my bank statement, not wife's bank statement.
Note: I am the primary applicant in express entry and my wife is the secondary applicant.
1. Yes, also if she is not the primary applicant, you will need a consent form
2. You will need to show the source of funds. Gift deed is not required, just her bank statement and a consent letter is enough

Since you are the primary applicant, let her funds stay in her bank account. Just attach her bank statement and balance certificate with a consent letter that you have full rights on her bank account.

Lizzieq

Aug 2, 2019
Hello,

Could you please help me to make the following clear. I have received a request letter from IRCC asking to provide an updated proof of funds for Family of 3 because I am adding my son to my application. The letter says that we need to provide a written explanation for the source of funds available for settlement in Canada.
The source of the money for the child is my husband's part-time teaching in an English teaching centre, but at the moment of applying we didn't indicate this job, because my husband was only about to start working there (he was on the stage of interviewing) and at that moment there were two of us, we didn't have a baby and the source of funds was different.
1) Do we need just to explain that the source of funds is his current part-time teaching job and provide a contract or we do not need to provide the contract?
2)Will it be okay that this job appeared in the process of our application and we didn't indicate that from the very beginning?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,

Could you please help me to make the following clear. I have received a request letter from IRCC asking to provide an updated proof of funds for Family of 3 because I am adding my son to my application. The letter says that we need to provide a written explanation for the source of funds available for settlement in Canada.
The source of the money for the child is my husband's part-time teaching in an English teaching centre, but at the moment of applying we didn't indicate this job, because my husband was only about to start working there (he was on the stage of interviewing) and at that moment there were two of us, we didn't have a baby and the source of funds was different.
1) Do we need just to explain that the source of funds is his current part-time teaching job and provide a contract or we do not need to provide the contract?
2)Will it be okay that this job appeared in the process of our application and we didn't indicate that from the very beginning?
1) Provide the contract.
2) Yes. Just explain that he started the job after you submitted your application.

Lizzieq

Aug 2, 2019
1) Provide the contract.
2) Yes. Just explain that he started the job after you submitted your application.
Many thanks for your answer! And if we worked as private tutors, how can we prove this? Is it enough if we just mention it/describe it or there have to be some proofs of payment from our students?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Many thanks for your answer! And if we worked as private tutors, how can we prove this? Is it enough if we just mention it/describe it or there have to be some proofs of payment from our students?
Yes, that should be fine.

Reactions: Lizzieq

Lizzieq

Aug 2, 2019
Hello everyone!

Does anyone know why IRCC asks to provide the balance of each account and explanation of source of funds for the past three months?

Before that my husband (he's the main applicant) sent the information about our bank account for the past year.

We have a new family member and we added money and this money has been on the account for 6 months +.

The only thing is that we do not use that account as our every day account. When we put the necessary amount of money onto the account (6 months ago) we haven't used it since then

May that mean that IRCC wants to check what we are living on or something else?

NavSran

Oct 22, 2020
URGENT!
I have one question regarding Supervisa

he is my cousin and his father is Truck driver in India but he cannot get paystub or employment letter. Also they don't have their farming land, his grandfather disowned them. They only did the property valuation for Residential house. I have income tax return for last year but I think I shouldn’t give that because I have no employment letter and paystubs t0 support that. And shall I add property valuation or just make a simple file with bank statements only, their son is showing 12000 CAD and they are showing around 10000 CAD

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
URGENT!
I have one question regarding Supervisa

he is my cousin and his father is Truck driver in India but he cannot get paystub or employment letter. Also they don't have their farming land, his grandfather disowned them. They only did the property valuation for Residential house. I have income tax return for last year but I think I shouldn’t give that because I have no employment letter and paystubs t0 support that. And shall I add property valuation or just make a simple file with bank statements only, their son is showing 12000 CAD and they are showing around 10000 CAD
How is your question related to skill worker/Immigration proof of funds for settlement in Canada? Your question is about super visa which is a type of visitor visa...

NavSran

Oct 22, 2020
How is your question related to skill worker/Immigration proof of funds for settlement in Canada? Your question is about super visa which is a type of visitor visa...
there is no mention that it needs to be immigrant or skill worker.. I am talking about the proof of funds situation.

Chinadelight

Mar 20, 2023
Please friends i need help!
My father started depositing money into my account since 2020 because of my plans of studying in Canada, he usually deposit 209,000 monthly since 2020 till date, and I also have a job and I earn 150,000 monthly, and all this money is entering into my salary account. And I have enough money in that account to sponsor my self. Now the question is, do I have to prove that my father gifted me money and between my bank statements and my father’s bank statements which one of them should I present to the visa officer.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Please friends i need help!
My father started depositing money into my account since 2020 because of my plans of studying in Canada, he usually deposit 209,000 monthly since 2020 till date, and I also have a job and I earn 150,000 monthly, and all this money is entering into my salary account. And I have enough money in that account to sponsor my self. Now the question is, do I have to prove that my father gifted me money and between my bank statements and my father’s bank statements which one of them should I present to the visa officer.
Wrong section. This is a thread about skilled workers from 2009.