+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds

abhiabhi

Sep 22, 2013
Do I need to show the proof of funds in the beginning when I submit my application for FSW? I thought it would be needed later on during the processing period same as PCC and Medicals. Please help confirm. I am in the process of preparing my documents for application.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You need to show POF at the beginning and include POF with your original application. This is mandatory.

msaeed

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Lahore Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2009
VISA ISSUED...
الحمد لله رب العالمين - 27-06-2014
LANDED..........
الحمد لله رب العالمين March 28, 2015.
abhiabhi said:
Do I need to show the proof of funds in the beginning when I submit my application for FSW? I thought it would be needed later on during the processing period same as PCC and Medicals. Please help confirm. I am in the process of preparing my documents for application.
Sir

Check Documents Check list
Read all forms and instructions very carefully before jumping in

Stay Blessed

JAAP

May 22, 2014
How many ways are there to show proof of fund? can property (owned flat) be shown as POF and if not can loan (personal) taken on property be shown as POF? Also for how many months before we have to arrange for fund or show in the bank statement at the time of filing the application?

msaeed

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Lahore Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2009
VISA ISSUED...
الحمد لله رب العالمين - 27-06-2014
LANDED..........
الحمد لله رب العالمين March 28, 2015.
JAAP said:
How many ways are there to show proof of fund? can property (owned flat) be shown as POF and if not can loan (personal) taken on property be shown as POF? Also for how many months before we have to arrange for fund or show in the bank statement at the time of filing the application?
Sir

1. Cash with bank
2. Fixed Deposit Certificates , with confirming letter from bank that these are in your name ( or in the name of your Wife , children , who are included in your application)
3. No prior arrangement is required , you can get Balance Confirmation Certificate from your banker , rather than getting Statement of Account

Stay Blessed

chonaemotera

Star Member
Aug 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2013
Nomination.....
19-08-2013
AOR Received.
19-08-2013 (PER)
IELTS Request
included in application
Med's Request
21-03-2014
Med's Done....
01-04-2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
27-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-07-2014
LANDED..........
17-09-2014
JAAP said:
property can't be used as POF, and neither is a loan, it's stated in the checklist

JAAP

May 22, 2014
Thanks

but from how much time before we have to show POF in the bank statement. is it okay if I arrange the fund (FD or borrow from someone) just five or 10 days ago before filing an application?

JAAP

May 22, 2014
my appologies did not read the thread above for answer before putting up the above question. thanks

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
chonaemotera said:
property can't be used as POF, and neither is a loan, it's stated in the checklist
At the time of application, property / shares / stocks / bonds, cAsh in bank in the PA or spouse's name should be shown as assets and all liabilities also accounted for. However, at the time of landing, only LIQUID assets ie Cash or DD are required.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JAAP said:
Thanks

but from how much time before we have to show POF in the bank statement. is it okay if I arrange the fund (FD or borrow from someone) just five or 10 days ago before filing an application?
Only liquid and unencumbered assets can be used as POF. They CANNOT be borrowed.

abhiabhi

Sep 22, 2013
msaeed said:
Sir

1. Cash with bank
2. Fixed Deposit Certificates , with confirming letter from bank that these are in your name ( or in the name of your Wife , children , who are included in your application)
3. No prior arrangement is required , you can get Balance Confirmation Certificate from your banker , rather than getting Statement of Account

Stay Blessed
Thanks guys for the help. Okay, so it says on the following link that for 3 members it is around 18K CAD. I would count myself , my wife and a daughter as 3 members.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

Does it make any difference if the fund is much more than 18K CAD? or it is only 18K CAD? I believe this amount is not needed to be frozen, right?

Thanks in advance.

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
abhiabhi said:
Thanks guys for the help. Okay, so it says on the following link that for 3 members it is around 18K CAD. I would count myself , my wife and a daughter as 3 members.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

Does it make any difference if the fund is much more than 18K CAD? or it is only 18K CAD? I believe this amount is not needed to be frozen, right?

Thanks in advance.
This is the minimum required. You are allowed to take as much as you can.

amir82

Jun 25, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 2011
LANDED..........
Oct 2014 Alhamdulilah
what does this phrase really means " You will need to show proof to the Canadian visa office in your home country that you have enough money when you apply to immigrate ". this is written in proof of funds on CIC website ? a new applicant is of concern and has asked me to reconfirm the statement as i asked him to deposit the required amount in ur account and that is enough but as per him there is some change in the new process and now local VO verifies the accounts with the bank. is it true ?

Shanshui

May 17, 2014
akbardxb said:
This is the minimum required. You are allowed to take as much as you can.
I have similar question- should I freeze that amount? I mean the money could not be used untill the PR decision is made. Or just a bank balance of one point of time is enough?

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
Shanshui said:
I have similar question- should I freeze that amount? I mean the money could not be used untill the PR decision is made. Or just a bank balance of one point of time is enough?
My understanding is that PO f can be asked for again at any point till COPR. Since you don't know how long the approval process will take, I feel you should be in a position to show at least his amount as your net worth in terms of assets and then finally have the prescribed amount by family size to take with you as liquid funds at the time of landing.