+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PROOF OF FUNDS

mrJason

Star Member
Sep 24, 2008
I have proof of funds but this is not in a regular savings account but in a hedge fund as I buy and sell shares.

is an account showing the value of this as it is transferable immediately accepted?

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi MrJason,

I am not sure but I guess you are an Applicant to the London Office. This is what is written on London_CIC_Checklist;

SETTLEMENT FUNDS

Refer to the "Proof of Funds" section of our Web site for exact figures and
instructions.
Provide proof of unencumbered and readily transferable funds in a convertible
currency available for settlement in Canada (for you and your family members):
• current bank certification letter; or
• evidence of savings balance; or
• fixed or time deposit statements.

mrJason

Star Member
Sep 24, 2008
Hi THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY

I reckon they may not accept this then but a little dissapointed because savings accounts give soo litle interest and this will affect me financially having to transfer my funds just to have it in a bank account for there purposs.

i wish i could just call them and get an answer but you know what LONDON office is like.

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mrJason said:
Hi THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY

I reckon they may not accept this then but a little dissapointed because savings accounts give soo litle interest and this will affect me financially having to transfer my funds just to have it in a bank account for there purposs.

i wish i could just call them and get an answer but you know what LONDON office is like.
Hi Jason,

Man, eMail them and find out. You have nothing to loose. As far as I can remember you are in the "Documents update stage"?

Before you break the Hedge fund thing, try emailing them. Again, you have nothing to loose, as the money is readily transferable.

If I were you, I would do that. It may take a week or two before they reply but at least you will know where you stand and what next to do.

mrJason

Star Member
Sep 24, 2008
Yeah cheers bro

I am at the documents update.
they have asked for the forms to also be filled out too so do they go off what is on the new form rather than the old one?

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Here, you have to use the web form I think:
http://www.dfait-maeci.gc.ca/missions/unitedkingdom-royaumeuni/visas/contact_visa_contactez-eng.asp#email

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mrJason said:
Yeah cheers bro

I am at the documents update.
they have asked for the forms to also be filled out too so do they go off what is on the new form rather than the old one?
I don't know, but will advise you to just fill in what they have requested (I mean forms) and send it to them.

mrJason

Star Member
Sep 24, 2008
I also wanted to know that as they ask for forms to be filled again and send supporting documents do they go off the new form or the old one?

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mrJason said:
I also wanted to know that as they ask for forms to be filled again and send supporting documents do they go off the new form or the old one?
Good question. What is written in your Documents update request letter?

If I was to make an Educative Guess, I would say the New ones (updated Ones).

http://recherche-search.gc.ca/p_a/s_r?t3mpl1t34d=1&s5t34d=cictest&l7c1l3=eng&S_08D4T.1ct57n=search&S_08D4T.s3rv5c3=basic&S_S20RCH.l1ng91g3=eng&S_F8LLT2XT=LONDON+CIC+CHECKLIST&Submit=Search

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/E37023.pdf
Download E37023.book to be sure.