Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
May 2013//Newborn's MR in Mar 2014
Med's Done....
28th May 2013///Newborn's MED done on 28 Mar 2014
Passport Req..
Sent on 10th Jan 2014// Newborns PP sent on 30th Mar 2014
Friends and seniors, I have a doubt if someone could answer with surety. Since we are leaving our daughter in India n would take her later, do we need to show pof at the port of entry for 2 people or for 3? I am hoping that right now showing pof for 2 would be sufficient. Bottomline... I will be able to arrange the same for two with much difficultly. Thanks.

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Will you sponsor your daughter later or she has already got visa with you but will just arrive in Canada later? In the first case scenario you do not have to count her for funds purposes. In the second- you have to have funds for your whole family (including your daughter yet in India) when you are landing in Canada.

freewilly

Star Member
Jun 6, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
Regina said:
Will you sponsor your daughter later or she has already got visa with you but will just arrive in Canada later? In the first case scenario you do not have to count her for funds purposes. In the second- you have to have funds for your whole family (including your daughter yet in India) when you are landing in Canada.
Ours is the second case, ate you sure about it?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

freewilly said:
Friends and seniors, I have a doubt if someone could answer with surety. Since we are leaving our daughter in India n would take her later, do we need to show pof at the port of entry for 2 people or for 3? I am hoping that right now showing pof for 2 would be sufficient. Bottomline... I will be able to arrange the same for two with much difficultly. Thanks.
1. 3 persons, as she was included on the application.

freewilly

Star Member
Jun 6, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
PMM said:
Hi

1. 3 persons, as she was included on the application.
Thanks PMM. That was helpful.

audmia

Jan 4, 2014
hello pips...

new to this forum. I have a question me and my family already recieved our COPR and will land hopefully this may 2014. just gonna be raising this question. Is it ok if we will be bringing a combination of us and canadian currencies as our proof of funds? will the immigration officer will accept this? thanks in advance.

Cf45

Star Member
Sep 20, 2013
Is it correct if you we're sponsored for family class as a PR that you do not need to show proof of funds?

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Cf45 said:
Is it correct if you we're sponsored for family class as a PR that you do not need to show proof of funds?
That is correct.

Vats

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2012
Same Quastion with me
Do we need to bring CAD prescribed in table or we can taken less amount with us and for remaining show bank statement in our origin country bank? is it ok?

katester

Oct 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottowa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 12, 2013
Doc's Request.
March 4 & April 9, 2014
File Transfer...
September 12, 2013
Med's Done....
June 4, 2013 extended until May1, 2015!!!
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
June 6,2014!!
LANDED..........
April 2,2015
Alurra71 said:
The only time you need show proof of funds is if you are immigration through another channel that is NOT family class, so Browntrout, you won't have to show proof of funds as you are being sponsored, if I read your signature properly.

I am quite sure for those immigrating via other methods a bank statement (current) showing your holdings will be sufficient as long as they meet the CAD amount prescribed for immigration of your family size and composition.

Good luck!
I am sponsored by my husband, he is Canadian and I am American. We are trying for PR through family class. I got a letter saying that we need to show proof that we have enough money to support ourselves and we wont use Social services. I know this is really their main concern, but if we are family class, and you are correct that family class doesn't need to show proof of funds, then why do we? They did not say we needed to fill out any forms, but before they will approve my PR they need us to prove we have enough to support us until I can get a job there.

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
katester said:
I am sponsored by my husband, he is Canadian and I am American. We are trying for PR through family class. I got a letter saying that we need to show proof that we have enough money to support ourselves and we wont use Social services. I know this is really their main concern, but if we are family class, and you are correct that family class doesn't need to show proof of funds, then why do we? They did not say we needed to fill out any forms, but before they will approve my PR they need us to prove we have enough to support us until I can get a job there.
If your spouse has received social assistance in the recent past or is currently receiving ODSP for example, (which makes him eligible to sponsor regardless), or is unemployed and receiving EI, and your employment history is sparse (I'm just pointing out some things that might concern them, not saying this is your situation) they may have a concern under Section 39 about your ability to become self-sufficient. In this case, they can ask for proof that you will be able to support yourselves. Provide them with information requested, point out everything in your favour (you speak English as your first language, any trade/skill certificates you have, any assets you have that can be easily disposed of for cash) or they might retain those concerns.

katester

Oct 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottowa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 12, 2013
Doc's Request.
March 4 & April 9, 2014
File Transfer...
September 12, 2013
Med's Done....
June 4, 2013 extended until May1, 2015!!!
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
June 6,2014!!
LANDED..........
April 2,2015
I appreciate your response. I understand and honestly am glad that those factors concern Immigration. However none of those apply to us, which is why it's confusing to me. My husband is in the Canadian Armed Forces and has been for years. I also work on the States. Neither of us in either country have been on assistance. How do I prove that we haven't? My husband does not make much money, that's for sure, but I thought income was not a factor in Family Sponsorship. Only skilled worker?

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
katester said:
I appreciate your response. I understand and honestly am glad that those factors concern Immigration. However none of those apply to us, which is why it's confusing to me. My husband is in the Canadian Armed Forces and has been for years. I also work on the States. Neither of us in either country have been on assistance. How do I prove that we haven't? My husband does not make much money, that's for sure, but I thought income was not a factor in Family Sponsorship. Only skilled worker?
While it is true that there is no minimum income requirement for sponsoring a spouse, income remains a factor (in an oblique way) under Section 39. If it is reasonable to assume a spouse cannot become self-sufficient in Canada and the Canadian spouse is reliant on low or fixed income, a spousal sponsorship can be rejected.

It is entirely possible they have gotten their wires crossed somewhere about your situation, so I would encourage you to send things like a copy of your resume (your work history and qualifications will be highlighted, making it clear you do have transferable skills), copies of pay-slips and/or Notices of Assessment from previous tax years for both of you, even employer testimonials. You want to show that somewhere, someone is labouring under a misapprehension and you wish to set the record straight, so be generous with the amount of material you send.

Toyang

Sep 11, 2012
hi ,

can anybody help me, is SCOTIABANK same with THE NOVA SCOTIA BANK ?

we are planning not to bring cash but a bank draft instead upon landing.

a million thanks...

mikenz

Sep 5, 2010
Vancouver, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Toyang said:
hi ,

can anybody help me, is SCOTIABANK same with THE NOVA SCOTIA BANK ?

we are planning not to bring cash but a bank draft instead upon landing.

a million thanks...
Why not start a new thread instead of hijacking someone else's???