+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds

HoneyBadger

Star Member
Dec 26, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
While showing proof of funds for FSW program, does all the funds needs to be in the saving account or fixed deposit?
Will it work when we show them bank statement of our checking account?
All my direct deposits go to my checking account and if possible i don't want to change that to savings directly.
I can always transfer funds from checking to savings anytime which is not a big deal , but just wanted to confirm if that would be fair? :-\

Thank you

nashe_31

Champion Member
Dec 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London (ISB)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2014
AOR Received.
02-04-2014
File Transfer...
10-04-2014
Med's Request
17-08-2012
Med's Done....
08-12-2013 Re-Med 19-02-2015
Passport Req..
Got an email for bio page of PPs
VISA ISSUED...
DM 06 May, 2015. InShaAllah Soon!
LANDED..........
InShaAllah Soon!
HoneyBadger said:
While showing proof of funds for FSW program, does all the funds needs to be in the saving account or fixed deposit?
Will it work when we show them bank statement of our checking account?
All my direct deposits go to my checking account and if possible i don't want to change that to savings directly.
I can always transfer funds from checking to savings anytime which is not a big deal , but just wanted to confirm if that would be fair? :-\

Thank you
You are good to go :)

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
Any current bank account (savings or chequing) can be used as proof of funds as long as it's in the principal applicant's name, or accompanying spouse, or both.

Wayne.

dhistikdhistik09

Jun 23, 2012
MONTREAL, QC
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2013
AOR Received.
25-11-2013
File Transfer...
18-11-2013
Med's Done....
20-08-2013
Passport Req..
WAITING
Urgent help needed regarding bank account:

Can any one please tell, if a FSW (July 2011) applicant change the bank account (i.e. withdraw the deposited money from previous account and deposit the same amount into another account in a new bank) and send the required bank documents to CIC to update, may it create problem??

My brother is having problem with the current bank account and need to change the bank account. The medical is not done yet. The eCAS is showing In Process.

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
dhistikdhistik09 said:

Can any one please tell, if a FSW (July 2011) applicant change the bank account (i.e. withdraw the deposited money from previous account and deposit the same amount into another account in a new bank) and send the required bank documents to CIC to update, may it create problem??

My brother is having problem with the current bank account and need to change the bank account. The medical is not done yet. The eCAS is showing In Process.
The main thing is to be able to send a history of the money, if asked.

In which case simply send statements for both accounts so CIC can see where the money has gone to, and has come from.

They may not ask for further proof of funds during processing so in all likelyhood the next time you will need to show proof of funds is on landing (where a simple balance is usually sufficient). But just make sure you can get statements for both accounts if asked.

Wayne.

amish

Star Member
Nov 8, 2011
Cappuccino said:
Any current bank account (savings or chequing) can be used as proof of funds as long as it's in the principal applicant's name, or accompanying spouse, or both.

Wayne.
Hello,

I have two questions..pls help

1). The applicant is married but he wants to make process for FSW for himself only, so proof of fund which have to show is for one person or for two person?? even if his wife is not comming with him.

2). if both are applying, then total amount of POF can we show from both's saving account or from principal applicant's SB A/C?

much_mann

Star Member
Feb 12, 2012
1). The applicant is married but he wants to make process for FSW for himself only, so proof of fund which have to show is for one person or for two person?? even if his wife is not comming with him. He will need to show proof of fund for two persons (even if his wife is not going to follow him immidiately or on landing when the PR is issued). He needs to include the wife in his initial application as dependant, she does not have to follow him immidiately but can join later, makes the process easier.

2). if both are applying, then total amount of POF can we show from both's saving account or from principal applicant's SB A/C? POF can be from PA accounts alone or spouse's accounts alone or combined (PA+Spouse) accounts as long as it equals the amount and the accounts are in their names

amish said:
Hello,

1). The applicant is married but he wants to make process for FSW for himself only, so proof of fund which have to show is for one person or for two person?? even if his wife is not comming with him.

2). if both are applying, then total amount of POF can we show from both's saving account or from principal applicant's SB A/C?

dhistikdhistik09

Jun 23, 2012
MONTREAL, QC
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2013
AOR Received.
25-11-2013
File Transfer...
18-11-2013
Med's Done....
20-08-2013
Passport Req..
WAITING
Cappuccino said:
The main thing is to be able to send a history of the money, if asked.

In which case simply send statements for both accounts so CIC can see where the money has gone to, and has come from.

They may not ask for further proof of funds during processing so in all likelyhood the next time you will need to show proof of funds is on landing (where a simple balance is usually sufficient). But just make sure you can get statements for both accounts if asked.

Wayne.

Can you please clarify me whether I should send a new bank statement immediately to CIC, while I withdraw the deposited money from previous account and deposit the same amount into another account in a new bank?

I am concerned if CIC thoroughly verify my current Bank account and do not find any money to recent account.

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
amish said:
Hello,

1) POF are only required to encompass accompanying applicants. So if his spouse is not coming with him and is not on the application then he will only have to cover POF for himself. Please be aware, though, that this means that all POF must be SOLELY in his name, and cannot be jointly in the name of him and his wife, since his wife is not accompanying him to Canada.

2) Well that contradicts what you said above. Are they both applying or just him? IF he is applying with his wife accompanying, then POF can be in his name, or her name, or both. But it will be an increased value since it will be for 2 ppl, not just 1.

Wayne.

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
dhistikdhistik09 said:

Can you please clarify me whether I should send a new bank statement immediately to CIC, while I withdraw the deposited money from previous account and deposit the same amount into another account in a new bank?

I am concerned if CIC thoroughly verify my current Bank account and do not find any money to recent account.

CIC will not contact your bank directly. They have no legal right to access your confidential banking information and it would be illegal of the bank to provide any information to them without your consent.

If the visa office require further proof of funding (which they may do at some point), they will write to you, or your agent, and give you a certain length of time, usually 30 to 60 days, to provide it.

By all means keep the bank statements now if you like in readiness, but there is no need to send anything to CIC at this stage if they do not ask for it. Just know that you are able to show the money being transferred from one account to another should CIC ask for it at a later date.

Wayne.

estenk

Mar 21, 2012
Hi, is it necessary to have the whole Proof of Funds amount in only one bank account? I have two bank accounts where my savings are divided and I could present both bank statements since I am the account holder.

Thank you,
estenk.

namaste

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
25-11-2014
Med's Done....
10-12-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
You can have funds in multiple accounts as long as you (and only you if you are applying alone) are the account holder. But you would have to provide certifications/statements from both banks to provide POF.

estenk said:
Hi, is it necessary to have the whole Proof of Funds amount in only one bank account? I have two bank accounts where my savings are divided and I could present both bank statements since I am the account holder.

Thank you,
estenk.

amish

Star Member
Nov 8, 2011
how to show POF if applicant doesnt have any saving.. like whatever he earned, he expensed it.. means he couldnt made any saving yet.
what is the solution in this matter? plss.. help expert pls advise.. in this matter.

Waiting for fast Re

Thanks with Regards,
Amish

coolguy2010

VIP Member
Jun 28, 2010
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London to Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2010
Doc's Request.
23-10-2010
Nomination.....
09-06-2011
AOR Received.
09-06-2011
IELTS Request
6 Band
File Transfer...
01-03-2013
Med's Request
01-03-2013
Med's Done....
30-03-2013
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
20-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2013
LANDED..........
06-08-2013
It will be difficult for you to prove POF , if you don't have saving. Even if you take temporary finance, someday you need to repay that.

The only option for you is if you have inherited funds from parents ( not sure that also will work out)

After getting visa also, you need to carry funds to Canada while landing.

amish said:
how to show POF if applicant doesnt have any saving.. like whatever he earned, he expensed it.. means he couldnt made any saving yet.
what is the solution in this matter? plss.. help expert pls advise.. in this matter.

Waiting for fast Re

Thanks with Regards,
Amish