+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds with Job offer

moe17

Oct 27, 2022
Hi all,

I currently live in Canada and I am applying for PR on the FSW stream and now uploading the documents.

According to the govt site, you are exempted from showing proof of funds, "If you’re authorized to work in Canada and you have a valid job offer, even if you apply under the Federal Skilled Worker Program".

I have a valid job offer and got points in the express entry profile for that but in the document checklist it's saying to upload "Proof of Means of Financial Support (required)".

Should I upload an explanation pdf to this field or must I still show my Canadian bank statements?

Thanks

priyanshgaind

Mar 19, 2023
Hi Moe,

As per IRCC rule, if you have a valid job offer supported by LMIA you are exempt from showing proof of funds. However, some visa officers still ask for proof of funds. It is always better to show proof of funds to avoid any delay in your application.

You can upload your bank statement showing your funds, just incase your funds fall short you can explain everything in an explanation letter and quote the government ruling in that same letter.

Hope that helps!

You can find more information about the Federal skilled worker class here.

Reactions: moe17